Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe walking dead - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the walking dead

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
Drizztbob
teegre
SteelersNorth
Wallace108
Bays
Lady Steel
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
vasteeler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

the walking dead - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:05 am

Well, I was wrong. Not only did Glenn survive, but he also got out of there completely unscathed. I said earlier that I could see him surviving, but not getting out of there without so much as a bite or a scratch. But I'm not going to overanalyze it. I'll accept it for what it is and move on.

After watching Talking Dead, I came up with a new theory (which will probably be just as wrong as my theory about Glenn surviving but getting bit). Comics spoilers below ...

Scott Gimple said they left Glenn's death uncertain so that the audience could feel the same uncertainty that the characters were feeling. I don't buy that explanation. On almost every show, the audience is as clueless as the characters about a lot of things that happen. Using Walking Dead as an example, when Rick banished Carol, they didn't know what happened to her afterward. And neither did the audience. So weren't we feeling the same uncertainty as the characters? So how was the uncertainty surrounding Glenn's death any different? So that line of thinking led me to this ...

In the comics, we know that Glenn is killed by Negan. While the show follows the general outline of the comics, we also know that it deviates from the comics in many of the details. It's been more or less confirmed that we're going to see Negan at the end of this season, so is it possible that Negan ends up killing someone other than Glenn? There's some speculation that it might be Daryl who gets killed by Negan.

Daryl is unquestionably the most popular character on TWD, and it has been said by many fans for a long time that he is the one character they can't kill off. Over the years, I've personally heard fans say that if they kill Daryl, they'll stop watching the show (not that I believe most really will). So is it possible that they created the uncertainly of Glenn's death as somewhat of a trial balloon to gauge how much fans really care about him? Were they testing to see if Glenn has enough popularity to replace Daryl as a fan favorite if they were to kill off Daryl?

I'm probably way off on the "trial balloon" theory, but I think it at least makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is for them to put fans through Glenn's supposed death only to really kill him off a short time later. If Glenn's death comes at the hands of Negan just like in the comics, I think it will have far less impact now. And I think a lot of fans (who don't read the comics or spoilers) will be pissed that they saved Glenn only to kill him off a short time later. People don't like to have their emotions played with, even by a TV show.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 3:30 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Well, I was wrong. Not only did Glenn survive, but he also got out of there completely unscathed. I said earlier that I could see him surviving, but not getting out of there without so much as a bite or a scratch. But I'm not going to overanalyze it. I'll accept it for what it is and move on.

After watching Talking Dead, I came up with a new theory (which will probably be just as wrong as my theory about Glenn surviving but getting bit). Comics spoilers below ...

Scott Gimple said they left Glenn's death uncertain so that the audience could feel the same uncertainty that the characters were feeling. I don't buy that explanation. On almost every show, the audience is as clueless as the characters about a lot of things that happen. Using Walking Dead as an example, when Rick banished Carol, they didn't know what happened to her afterward. And neither did the audience. So weren't we feeling the same uncertainty as the characters? So how was the uncertainty surrounding Glenn's death any different? So that line of thinking led me to this ...

In the comics, we know that Glenn is killed by Negan. While the show follows the general outline of the comics, we also know that it deviates from the comics in many of the details. It's been more or less confirmed that we're going to see Negan at the end of this season, so is it possible that Negan ends up killing someone other than Glenn? There's some speculation that it might be Daryl who gets killed by Negan.

Daryl is unquestionably the most popular character on TWD, and it has been said by many fans for a long time that he is the one character they can't kill off. Over the years, I've personally heard fans say that if they kill Daryl, they'll stop watching the show (not that I believe most really will). So is it possible that they created the uncertainly of Glenn's death as somewhat of a trial balloon to gauge how much fans really care about him? Were they testing to see if Glenn has enough popularity to replace Daryl as a fan favorite if they were to kill off Daryl?

I'm probably way off on the "trial balloon" theory, but I think it at least makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is for them to put fans through Glenn's supposed death only to really kill him off a short time later. If Glenn's death comes at the hands of Negan just like in the comics, I think it will have far less impact now. And I think a lot of fans (who don't read the comics or spoilers) will be pissed that they saved Glenn only to kill him off a short time later. People don't like to have their emotions played with, even by a TV show.

That's the beauty of The Walking Dead though, they are not afraid to kill off fan favorites. It's what makes the Walking Dead so polarizing. Other shows have their characters that are all but invincible, but on the Walking Dead they could die in any given episode, or in the case of the comics with any turn of a page. I honestly think they will go with the Negan baseball bat scene, and it'll be brilliant particularly for the people who haven't yet read the comics because they won't see it coming. Just when their hopes are restored, and Glenn is given back to them, he'll be ripped away yet again, in a violent, unnerving fashion. No other shows out there take real risks like that, and that's what makes the Walking Dead so refreshing in a sea of predictable tv shows.

Kirkman/Gimple giveth, and Kirkman/Gimple taketh away.

Oh also reference Glenn still being alive...

the walking dead - Page 6 24461513

the walking dead - Page 6 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 11:47 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
That's the beauty of The Walking Dead though, they are not afraid to kill off fan favorites. It's what makes the Walking Dead so polarizing. Other shows have their characters that are all but invincible, but on the Walking Dead they could die in any given episode, or in the case of the comics with any turn of a page. I honestly think they will go with the Negan baseball bat scene, and it'll be brilliant particularly for the people who haven't yet read the comics because they won't see it coming. Just when their hopes are restored, and Glenn is given back to them, he'll be ripped away yet again, in a violent, unnerving fashion. No other shows out there take real risks like that, and that's what makes the Walking Dead so refreshing in a sea of predictable tv shows.

Kirkman/Gimple giveth, and Kirkman/Gimple taketh away.

I don't have a strong track record in predicting what will happen on TV shows (I think I was 0 for 10,000 on Lost the walking dead - Page 6 1797695198), so I'm under no illusion that my theory might be right. I just have a strong feeling that Daryl's days are numbered. Obviously, it's just a feeling and I have nothing to back it up with.

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Oh also reference Glenn still being alive...

the walking dead - Page 6 24461513

the walking dead - Page 6 3823912936

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 12:39 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

People don't like to have their emotions played with, even by a TV show.

No other shows out there take real risks like that, and that's what makes the Walking Dead so refreshing in a sea of predictable tv shows.

the walking dead - Page 6 2829330259

the walking dead - Page 6 Game+of+thrones+meme+5
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 1:52 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

People don't like to have their emotions played with, even by a TV show.

No other shows out there take real risks like that, and that's what makes the Walking Dead so refreshing in a sea of predictable tv shows.

the walking dead - Page 6 2829330259

the walking dead - Page 6 Game+of+thrones+meme+5

Touche, touche. I kind of forgot about Game of Thrones and I love that show as well!

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 7:24 am

Anyone else watch the mid-season finale. I was not particularly impressed. Just another predictable filler, cliff hanger episode to get everyone hyped for the mid-season premiere. I was pretty bored throughout the episode. I can't complain too much, as I feel every other episode this season has actually been very good.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 2:43 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Anyone else watch the mid-season finale. I was not particularly impressed. Just another predictable filler, cliff hanger episode to get everyone hyped for the mid-season premiere. I was pretty bored throughout the episode. I can't complain too much, as I feel every other episode this season has actually been very good.

I agree. It was predictable and I wouldn't even consider the ending of the episode a cliffhanger. Heck, the 2 minute prologue that they aired during the Badlands commercial break was more of a cliffhanger than the actual episode.

I was glad to see them using the walker guts strategy again though. Other than the obvious desire to not want to smell that bad, I'm amazed that they don't use that more often to move from place to place when there are a lot of walkers around.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 4:06 am

Lokki wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I agree.  It was predictable and I wouldn't even consider the ending of the episode a cliffhanger.  Heck, the 2 minute prologue that they aired during the Badlands commercial break was more of a cliffhanger than the actual episode.  

I was glad to see them using the walker guts strategy again though.  Other than the obvious desire to not want to smell that bad, I'm amazed that they don't use that more often to move from place to place when there are a lot of walkers around.  

That stupid little kid though... Like the one time you should probably be quiet and he wants to whine to his Mom.

teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

I have the new episode DVRed.

Just waiting for the kids to go to bed.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Wow! That sure was an action-packed episode. It felt more like a season finale. I expect much of the remaining season to be a lot slower because I'm not sure how they can keep that pace going.

Some random thoughts:

Glenn is the luckiest sumbitch in the Walking Dead universe. A lot of people can't escape from a single zombie, yet Glenn keeps managing to survive being surrounded by a horde. I accepted his first near-death experience, but last night's deus ex machina was a bit over the top and the kind of lazy writing I expect form lesser shows.

If I was Rick, I would have demanded that Jessie take her sons and go with Gabriel. Staying alive should always be the first consideration in any plan. I was surprised that they killed off Jessie AND both of her kids. That was brutal.

I'm not sure how Daryl disposed of the biker dude so quietly. If he had just snapped his neck or something, fine. But he said something about him putting up a good fight. It couldn't have been THAT good of a fight if it didn't draw any attention.

It sure does get dark quickly in Alexandria. This was at least the third time it has gone from total daylight to darkness in the same scene.

There was definitely a "change in perspective" theme in this episode. Gabriel, Enid, Morgan, Rick, even the Wolf dude ... a lot of characters were seeing things differently during or by the end of the episode. Oh, I guess I should include Carl. He was seeing things differently by the end of the episode as well. the walking dead - Page 6 3798349058 Too soon?

There's so much more I could talk about (a lot happened in this episode), but those are the first things that popped into my head. When I talk about shows, sometimes I sound a bit negative. That's because I like to discuss things that bothered me or seemed a bit off compared with everything else. Sometimes I feel that nothing needs to be said about all of the awesome stuff. It goes without say. There was a lot of awesomeness in this episode. Now that the football season is over, I'm glad to have TWD back on Sundays to get me through the rest of winter. the walking dead - Page 6 184121345

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 7:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Wow! That sure was an action-packed episode. It felt more like a season finale. I expect much of the remaining season to be a lot slower because I'm not sure how they can keep that pace going.

Some random thoughts:

Glenn is the luckiest sumbitch in the Walking Dead universe. A lot of people can't escape from a single zombie, yet Glenn keeps managing to survive being surrounded by a horde. I accepted his first near-death experience, but last night's deus ex machina was a bit over the top and the kind of lazy writing I expect form lesser shows.

If I was Rick, I would have demanded that Jessie take her sons and go with Gabriel. Staying alive should always be the first consideration in any plan. I was surprised that they killed off Jessie AND both of her kids. That was brutal.

I'm not sure how Daryl disposed of the biker dude so quietly. If he had just snapped his neck or something, fine. But he said something about him putting up a good fight. It couldn't have been THAT good of a fight if it didn't draw any attention.

It sure does get dark quickly in Alexandria. This was at least the third time it has gone from total daylight to darkness in the same scene.

There was definitely a "change in perspective" theme in this episode. Gabriel, Enid, Morgan, Rick, even the Wolf dude ... a lot of characters were seeing things differently during or by the end of the episode. Oh, I guess I should include Carl. He was seeing things differently by the end of the episode as well. the walking dead - Page 6 3798349058 Too soon?

There's so much more I could talk about (a lot happened in this episode), but those are the first things that popped into my head. When I talk about shows, sometimes I sound a bit negative. That's because I like to discuss things that bothered me or seemed a bit off compared with everything else. Sometimes I feel that nothing needs to be said about all of the awesome stuff. It goes without say. There was a lot of awesomeness in this episode. Now that the football season is over, I'm glad to have TWD back on Sundays to get me through the rest of winter. the walking dead - Page 6 184121345

SPOILERS

THE WOLF
I appears as though Morgan was right; there was good left in him.

NEGAN'S GANG
Great opening. For two months we've all said: "You have an RPG... use it!!!" Boy, did they ever.

GLENN
Ugh. I'm getting tired of his miraculous escapes. I used to enjoy the "reality" of this show. It's starting to get James Bond-esque.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 4:22 pm

wait....so carl gets his eye shot out from a couple feet away . and his eye is the only damage he gets ?
i'm sorry but unless it was a bb gun , it doesn't matter what angle you get hit , there is either going to be a chunk of lead in your head , which would require a skilled physician with the right tools to remove , or your going to have a big hole somewhere else in your head where the bullet exited.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 16, 2016 5:53 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
wait....so carl gets his eye shot out from a couple feet away . and his eye is the only damage he gets ?
i'm sorry but unless it was a bb gun , it doesn't matter what angle you get hit , there is either going to be a chunk of lead in your head , which would require a skilled physician with the right tools to remove , or your going to have a big hole somewhere else in your head where the bullet exited.  

The explanation from Greg Nicotero on "The Talking Dead" was that the bullet hit Carl's orbital bone and ricocheted out away from his eye/head. Most of the damage to his eye was from "bone shrapnel" going into his eye socket, not necessarily the bullet itself.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 3:44 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

The explanation from Greg Nicotero on "The Talking Dead" was that the bullet hit Carl's orbital bone and ricocheted out away from his eye/head. Most of the damage to his eye was from "bone shrapnel" going into his eye socket, not necessarily the bullet itself.

I think MoP is overthinking this one a little bit. It happened in the comics, it happened on the show. It isn't real life, it's a TV show, for entertainment. the walking dead - Page 6 1797695198

teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 8:15 pm

BOLD prediction:  
Judith is on the show to serve one purpose: to die and send Rick over the edge.  

Negan is coming.  

A + B = affraid

(Thanks to Born2Steel for 90% of this idea.)
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 7:54 am

Pride comes before the fall.

Rick seems way, way too overconfident. Negan will knock him down a peg.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:14 am

teegre wrote:

Rick seems way, way too overconfident.  Negan will knock him down a peg.  

Was thinking that too. Most of his group seem really cocky and confident in regards to this pre-emptive strike on Negan's group. It's most assuredly NOT going to be as simple as they are making it seem. Somebody major from Rick's group is going to die a horrible, heart-wrenching death as comeuppance for this overconfidence.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2016 9:21 pm

teegre wrote:

BOLD prediction:  

Negan is coming.  

A + B =  affraid

is it bad that i would prefer Judith to die versus one of mains?

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:58 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
teegre wrote:

Rick seems way, way too overconfident.  Negan will knock him down a peg.  

Was thinking that too. Most of his group seem really cocky and confident in regards to this pre-emptive strike on Negan's group. It's most assuredly NOT going to be as simple as they are making it seem. Somebody major from Rick's group is going to die a horrible, heart-wrenching death as comeuppance for this overconfidence.

The main writer for the show has stated that a lot of the Negsn stuff which occurs in the book, will be in the show... but, he also said they made a major "left turn" which will shock everyone.

Andrew Lincoln (Rick) stated that when he read the final script, he was sick to his stomach.

1. They have to use Lucille. It's too iconic not to.

2. Glenn would not be a left turn, and IMO would not make me sick to my stomach. Whereas, Maggie taking a bat to the stomach would indeed be a "left turn" and would be sickening.

3. Who else? They won't be bringing Judith; so, that idea isn't going to happen. Abraham is being set up to die, but that wouldn't be very shocking. Michonne & Daryl are fan-favorites, but neither would really shock me. So, again, that leaves Maggie's baby.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 8:02 am

vasteeler wrote:
teegre wrote:

BOLD prediction:  

Negan is coming.  

A + B =  affraid

is it bad that i would prefer Judith to die versus one of mains?

My wife has said that she has no attachment to Judith; she's just an "extra" on the show. But, my wife also admits that seeing a baby being killed would cause more of a visceral reaction than if you saw a main die.

But, I get what you're saying: we have no connection to Judith.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:55 am

A new thought...

It can't be Judith.

If Negan were to kill her, there is no way that any of them, especially Rick & Carl, would ever let up in their attempts to seek revenge. No deals, no truces, no negotiations... nothing except all out war.

**SPOILER** Plus, the entire "Negan & Carl" storyline would never occur, because Carl would be unstoppable in his revenge on Negan. That said, maybe they skip those parts (which the MOST interesting parts of TWD) and go straight to Rick's war against Negan. **SPOILER**

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 7:17 am

Things are going to get real interesting to say the least. Be prepared for the worst.

teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 11:21 pm

SPOILERS about "Not Tomorrow Yet".

Do not read until you see the episode.

Now that Rick & Co. killed like twenty of Negan's men in a completely chicken shit fashion (in their sleep), I would not blame Negan for smashing in Glenn's skull. Further, I wouldn't blame Negan for killing ALL of them. Rick & Co. started this... and, again, did so while the Saviors were sleeping.

So... how could Negan match their level of "awful"???

ANSWER: By killing Judith and/or by Maggie's unborn child.

In the books, Negan catches them en route (Negan has spies everywhere; he's well informed and calculating) and smashes Glenn's skull. It is a preemptive strike: if I kill one of you, to show you what I could do to ALL of you, it will actually save more lives.  (Negan's rationale is very similar to the speech that Morgan gave about letting the opposition know that they "could" kill them... and thus, you don't have to "actually" kil them.)

In the books, Negan kills Glenn. It sets an example. But, it doesn't sit well with Rick... nor with Carl. Again, Negan drew first blood, and it was one dead body.

Conversely, in the show, Rick & Co. Drew first blood, and created 20 dead bodies.

SUMMATION:
If you were an impartial witness, could you really blame Negan for exacting revenge???  

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 1:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I think MoP is overthinking this one a little bit. It happened in the comics, it happened on the show. It isn't real life, it's a TV show, for entertainment. the walking dead - Page 6 1797695198
maybe...but for me the difference between good TV and bad TV is how believable they make it. by believable i mean how the characters react to a situation.
take abraham for example. abe had himself a sweet piece of tail in rosita . as good as you could ask for in a post apocalyptic world.
so what does he do ? he kicks her to the curb ... the walking dead - Page 6 1505004552 ...hey i don't blame the guy for wantin a little strange, but so far he ain't got no reason to think he's golden with sasha.
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2016 4:16 pm

Bad news Guys. I watch this show and am opinionated with it as much as the Steelers.

To me, its carol who gets killed to protect Maggie. She seemed very displeased with Maggie being there at the Saviors Camp and I think she will be the one getting hit with Lucille probably somehow protecting Maggie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

the walking dead
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next