Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe walking dead - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the walking dead

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
Drizztbob
teegre
SteelersNorth
Wallace108
Bays
Lady Steel
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
vasteeler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

the walking dead - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyThu Mar 10, 2016 5:16 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
wait....so carl gets his eye shot out from a couple feet away . and his eye is the only damage he gets ?
i'm sorry but unless it was a bb gun , it doesn't matter what angle you get hit , there is either going to be a chunk of lead in your head , which would require a skilled physician with the right tools to remove , or your going to have a big hole somewhere else in your head where the bullet exited.  

The explanation from Greg Nicotero on "The Talking Dead" was that the bullet hit Carl's orbital bone and ricocheted out away from his eye/head. Most of the damage to his eye was from "bone shrapnel" going into his eye socket, not necessarily the bullet itself.

I think MoP is overthinking this one a little bit. It happened in the comics, it happened on the show. It isn't real life, it's a TV show, for entertainment. the walking dead - Page 7 1797695198
maybe...but for me the difference between good TV and bad TV is how believable they make it.  by believable i mean how the characters react to a situation.
take abraham for example.  abe had himself a sweet piece of tail in rosita . as good as you could ask for in a post apocalyptic world.
so what does he do ? he kicks her to the curb ... the walking dead - Page 7 1505004552  ...hey i don't blame the guy for wantin a little strange, but so far he ain't got no reason to think he's golden with sasha.  

Again kind of following the story from the comics though. In the comics it was a different girl on the same construction crew duty with him in Alexandria that he ends up in a relationship with. Now they're using Sasha, probably because she doesn't really have a counterpart in the comic so it's convenient for them to put her into that situation with Abraham.

At this point in the comics, Andrea is still alive and shes the kind of badass sharpshooter of the group. Sasha has kind of taken over that role as well since Andrea on TV was killed off long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 9:26 pm

another thought that's popped into my head recently.
the population at alexandrea has been shrinking pretty fast since ricks group arrived.
since they've formed somewhat of an alliance with the other group ,and facing the same threat , why not just absorb them into alexandrea ? strength in numbers and all that. the walking dead - Page 7 2829330259
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Spoiler:

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:02 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Spoiler:

agreed... in the shows defense though, there really was no way to live up to the hype

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 6:32 am

I agree as well. They would've been better just showing who it was and letting people get it out of their system over the next 6 months. Instead, now it will be the first episode of next season.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 am

Pretty clear that the showrunners are going to use the ending as leverage in contract talks. Also provides further proof to the rumor that they filmed multiple deaths.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:41 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
Pretty clear that the showrunners are going to use the ending as leverage in contract talks. Also provides further proof to the rumor that they filmed multiple deaths.
you mean if an actor bulks at their contract offer he gets threatened with being the one killed ? the walking dead - Page 7 2829330259
brilliant !!! the walking dead - Page 7 1647293567
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:17 am

All you guys here read the comics?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:46 am

SteelersNorth wrote:

I don't know about all of us, but it seems most of us have. I'm about halfway through the third compendium book at the moment.

fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 11:01 am

Aaaaand just like that... Glen is dead

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 7:39 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:

I don't know about all of us, but it seems most of us have. I'm about halfway through the third compendium book at the moment.

I've got the 'trade' paperbacks where they release them in blocks of 5 comics in one volume; so I'm right up to date and volume 26 comes out September 20th lol

Any way, I enjoy the differences and a lot of similarities from the comic to TV show.
And after being ahead in the comics coming into the 2nd half of the season it played out amazingly well.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 24, 2016 2:29 pm

That was the most difficult and emotionally draining hour of television I've ever watched. I had a high level of confidence that I knew who wouldn't survive the episode. It played out exactly like I expected it to, and yet watching it play out still felt like a punch to the gut. Not only did Negan break Rick down, I think he broke me as a viewer down as well.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 am

Don't post spoilers guys! I'm sexist and I can't afford fruity drinks.... (Inside joke some of you from SF might get)

**SPOILERS** Anywho what an awesome episode that was. Kind of put two and two together last season and figured it was going to be Abraham and Glenn. Abraham was living on borrowed time when Denise essentially took what was his death scene in the comics. Even though I pretty well knew what was going to happen, it was still tough to watch. I put the comics down for awhile when read through the infamous Glenn scene, and it was tougher to watch in live action.

Tough to watch, but this is what makes The Walking Dead, The Walking Dead.

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Whats Glenns new favorite resteraunt?...

Popeyes

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 7:14 pm

vasteeler wrote:
Whats Glenns new favorite resteraunt?...

Popeyes

the walking dead - Page 7 1824088959

the walking dead - Page 7 1797695198

On a related note, I'll probably never look at this emoticon the same again ... the walking dead - Page 7 1704048833

Dead Horse Abraham: "I said SUCK my nuts, not CLOBBER my nuts!!"

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 am

Last night's episode was pretty weak. In the comic books, King Ezekiel was a bit more of a bad ass. I hope that shows in coming eps. The Carol/Morgan storyline is dragging on a bit much for me too.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 4:05 am

Yeah the whole Carol Morgan thing is getting really old, really fast. I thought King Ezekiel was pretty cool, and I want to see more of him before I pass any kind of judgement on the character.

The Cell episode with Daryl Dixon was pretty good I thought. Some good backstory on Dwight's character and why he is the way he is. Not as much of a villain as people previously thought.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 4:17 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yeah the whole Carol Morgan thing is getting really old, really fast. I thought King Ezekiel was pretty cool, and I want to see more of him before I pass any kind of judgement on the character.

The Cell episode with Daryl Dixon was pretty good I thought. Some good backstory on Dwight's character and why he is the way he is. Not as much of a villain as people previously thought.

I was mixed on the last episode. On the one hand, I quickly grew tired of the groundhog day-like torture of Daryl ... it made the episode seem really slow. On the other hand, I understand why it was shot that way.

I love what they did with dwight's character. He's no longer just a one-dimensional bad guy. It'll be interesting to see if they make him sympathetic and give him a redemption storyline, or if his weakness just makes us hate him even more.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2016 5:55 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I was mixed on the last episode. On the one hand, I quickly grew tired of the groundhog day-like torture of Daryl ... it made the episode seem really slow. On the other hand, I understand why it was shot that way.

I love what they did with dwight's character. He's no longer just a one-dimensional bad guy. It'll be interesting to see if they make him sympathetic and give him a redemption storyline, or if his weakness just makes us hate him even more.

Definitely going to be interesting. I almost think they had to have a couple of slower episodes with the way they opened the season, it's like a breather for the people who were just exposed to that for the first time. I had the benefit of knowing what was coming due to having read well ahead in the comics, but knowing what my reaction was when I read Issue 100 of The Walking Dead for the first time, I can only imagine it was that much worse for people watching Abraham, and Glenn both get Lucille'd in very violent and graphic fashion on the TV version. They had no idea it was coming, their sense of safety for sacred cow type characters was shattered in the most brutal way.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 3:06 am

Did any of yinz TWD fans watch The Talking Dead after the mid-season premiere? DeAngelo Williams was on there!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 8:34 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Did any of yinz TWD fans watch The Talking Dead after the mid-season premiere? DeAngelo Williams was on there!

Yeah, I watched it. Quite honestly, I wasn't too impressed with him as a guest. He wasn't horrible like Marilyn Manson, but just kind of blah. I didn't find him too entertaining. But hey, a Steeler on Talking Dead ... that's cool in and of itself.

It didn't help that Khary Payton was also a guest. For some reason I find him annoying. I think he tries too hard to be funny all the time, and he's not very funny. So perhaps if Williams had someone better to work with ...

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 5:46 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yeah, I watched it. Quite honestly, I wasn't too impressed with him as a guest. He wasn't horrible like Marilyn Manson, but just kind of blah. I didn't find him too entertaining. But hey, a Steeler on Talking Dead ... that's cool in and of itself.

It didn't help that Khary Payton was also a guest. For some reason I find him annoying. I think he tries too hard to be funny all the time, and he's not very funny. So perhaps if Williams had someone better to work with ...

I don't think he really has a whole lot of experience with television though in his defense! Like you said though, cool to see him nonetheless. Things are getting a little more interesting. Want to see some more action though, and less of the long boring dialogue. They drag out the dialogue stuff so much more than they really need to.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptySat Feb 25, 2017 1:43 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I don't think he really has a whole lot of experience with television though in his defense! Like you said though, cool to see him nonetheless. Things are getting a little more interesting. Want to see some more action though, and less of the long boring dialogue. They drag out the dialogue stuff so much more than they really need to.

Yeah, there hasn't been much action lately, but we know that's about to change.

Speaking of which ... I started reading the comics when I was on IR, and I'm now caught up. I think we need a separate thread for comics discussions.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 1:16 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Yeah, there hasn't been much action lately, but we know that's about to change.

Speaking of which ... I started reading the comics when I was on IR, and I'm now caught up. I think we need a separate thread for comics discussions.

Might not be a bad idea.

vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 10:11 pm

WORST EPISODE EVER!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

the walking dead
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next