Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe walking dead - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the walking dead

Go down 
+13
IowaSteeler927
steelers5895
Drizztbob
teegre
SteelersNorth
Wallace108
Bays
Lady Steel
jjmjmay
SteelCityMom
Buddha Bus
SteelersYak
vasteeler
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

the walking dead - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 5:26 pm

OK, did anyone else see Lady Steel, or am I just imagining her again? CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLL

the walking dead - Page 4 Crazy-rick-grimes-things-and-stuff-giveaway

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
OK, did anyone else see Lady Steel, or am I just imagining her again? CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLL

It's your imagination.  You're losin' it!  the walking dead - Page 4 312503953

Rick looked hawt during that scene when he had just come out of the shower and Jessie showed up to cut his hair.   the walking dead - Page 4 1374986764

Hi, Wally.  the walking dead - Page 4 941308610
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:47 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I fully take credit for Lady Steel surfacing again. Ladies love the Lokki!!

the walking dead - Page 4 Born-ladies-man_o_368134_zps4203c8a1
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 pm

Lady Steel wrote:
Hi, Wally. the walking dead - Page 4 941308610

Welcome back LS. If you're really here. the walking dead - Page 4 3121608646

the walking dead - Page 4 1797695198

Lokki wrote:
Ladies love the Lokki!!

Every time I see your name, for some reason, I read it as Floki. the walking dead - Page 4 1664291743

(Vikings reference. If you're not watching Vikings, you need to watch Vikings).

the walking dead - Page 4 Vikings_season2_finale_floki

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:21 pm

I don't watch Vikings, but I am definitely interested in watching it.  I may binge on it at some point.  That's how I got caught up on TWD and GoT since I started watching them late.

Edit - and holy crap I've posted 30 times today. I usually don't post whore like this unless we are trolling someone on Fever and we start spamming memes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 10:31 pm

If you like shows like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, I highly recommend Vikings. Basically, it's Sons of Anarchy, but with boats instead of motorcycles. A lot of people get hung up on the fact that it's on History Channel, but it's just as violent and edgy as any show you'll see on any other cable channel (well, not counting channels like HBO).

And 30 posts in one day is nothing. Galax makes more posts than that before he gets out of bed. the walking dead - Page 4 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Lokki wrote:
I don't watch Vikings, but I am definitely interested in watching it.  I may binge on it at some point.  That's how I got caught up on TWD and GoT since I started watching them late.

Edit - and holy crap I've posted 30 times today. I usually don't post whore like this unless we are trolling someone on Fever and we start spamming memes, etc.

Like Wallace, every time I see your user name I think of Floki on Vikings, even when I saw it over at the other place.

Floki is awesome! the walking dead - Page 4 312503953
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Vikings rules!!! That show is really good and it seems nobody I know watches it.

Oh, and "hi" LS! How is your beautiful self doing?

Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Lady Steel wrote:

Floki is awesome!  the walking dead - Page 4 312503953

Sounds like he and I have a lot in common...
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Lokki wrote:
Lady Steel wrote:

Floki is awesome!  the walking dead - Page 4 312503953

Sounds like he and I have a lot in common...

Yep... You're both sketchy, weird-looking oddballs.

Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:19 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Vikings rules!!! That show is really good and it seems nobody I know watches it.

Oh, and "hi" LS! How is your beautiful self doing?

Hi, Buddha! the walking dead - Page 4 941308610

I'm doin' great! Thanks for asking. :)

Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:55 am

OCTOBER 11TH!

Rick Grimes takes over the world lol
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:44 am

A little over a week to go.

Thoughts... predictions... stuff... thangs...

NOTE: I just marathoned all five seasons in two weeks, and so I am totally geeked for the new season.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:10 pm

did anyone really think there plan was going to work ?
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
did anyone really think there plan was going to work ?

of course it wasnt going to work but thats not how i saw it failing. i expected abe and sashsa car to break down.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Last edited by vasteeler on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 am

Pretty good first episode I thought. Nice that it was an hour and a half instead of the typical hour or so. A little boring at times, but I did like the use of black and white for flashbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:21 pm

The black & white of the flashbacks was symbolic.

They made it a black or white decision: Carter's way (ignore) or Rick's way (send the walkers away). No other "grey" option was ever discussed.

Carter's way was awful, but Rick's way had too many factors/portions where something could go horribly wrong. AND, Rick was merely sending 1000 walkers to another portion of the world, where Rick might have to deal with them later.

Deal with them NOW!!!

My wife & I suggested this "grey" solution:
1. Plug the holes in the semis.
2. Build "in case" walls on the roads right behind the semis.
3. Have Eugene create some sort of bomb.
4. Sprinkle gasoline on the walkers who are trapped.
5. Ignite bomb.
6. Repeat until all of the walkers are burned.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 8:22 pm

In my opinion, this was the best first episode of any TWD season. Usually, there's relative calm to start a season and then a build toward the drama and terror that will unfold. This season, they came out full throttle, and I loved every second of it.

I enjoyed the two timelines used throughout the episode, especially how they set things up with the "flashbacks" and delivered the payoff in the present. And I really liked the use of black and white for the earlier timeline. Not only did it help in instantly recognizing what timeline we were in, but I saw it as a neat tip of the hat to Night of the Living Dead, even if that wasn't the intent.

teegre wrote:
5. Ignite bomb.

HA! I was thinking much along the same line. Gasoline and fire entered my mind, along with setting up some kind of controlled release system where they could be picked off in small groups. Kinda like how they used to kill them at the fence in the prison. Obviously, that wouldn't have made for good TV though.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 10:57 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
In my opinion, this was the best first episode of any TWD season. Usually, there's relative calm to start a season and then a build toward the drama and terror that will unfold. This season, they came out full throttle, and I loved every second of it.

I enjoyed the two timelines used throughout the episode, especially how they set things up with the "flashbacks" and delivered the payoff in the present. And I really liked the use of black and white for the earlier timeline. Not only did it help in instantly recognizing what timeline we were in, but I saw it as a neat tip of the hat to Night of the Living Dead, even if that wasn't the intent.

teegre wrote:
5. Ignite bomb.

HA! I was thinking much along the same line. Gasoline and fire entered my mind, along with setting up some kind of controlled release system where they could be picked off in small groups. Kinda like how they used to kill them at the fence in the prison. Obviously, that wouldn't have made for good TV though.

I agree with all of that. Great episode... we already have drama.

You're right: instead of a "logical" solution, the writers wanted good TV. Hence, the Walkers needed to go towards the bell/alarm.

1000 Walkers vs. Alexandria BLAM!!!

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 10:33 pm

god forbid they should take advantage of the heavy equipment and seal all the roads to the pit shut...hmmmm..now where could they get equipment for such a task ? the walking dead - Page 4 2829330259

the walking dead - Page 4 Image

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 15, 2015 11:58 pm

Some info about the possible future of TWD. It might be particularly interesting to those who read the comics. Warning: Contains possible spoilers, so read at your own risk ...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:09 am

MORGAN vs. RICK:
When Rick had Pete on the ground, and shot Pete... I could see Morgan's point. There might have been other ways to have dealt with Pete (e.g. banishment).

But, while the Wolves were attacking and slaughtering unarmed people, that was NOT the time to turn the other cheek.

I get what the writers are trying to do (what does it mean to be civilized/what does it mean to be human?)... but, the writer are not doing a good job of actually establishing Morgan's case. If anything, this past episode swung the pendulum heavily towards Rick's side.

Simply, Morgan was acting illogically.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:10 am

More clues about TWD being purgatory:

One Wolf says to the residents of Alexandria: "You're not supposed to be here."

Another Wolf says that it is "not our choice" to be there.

The Wolves appear to be already banished to Hell. Rick and his family are in limbo.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:35 am

teegre wrote:
MORGAN vs. RICK:  
When Rick had Pete on the ground, and shot Pete... I could see Morgan's point. There might have been other ways to have dealt with Pete (e.g. banishment).

But, while the Wolves were attacking and slaughtering unarmed people, that was NOT the time to turn the other cheek.

I get what the writers are trying to do (what does it mean to be civilized/what does it mean to be human?)... but, the writer are not doing a good job of actually establishing Morgan's case. If anything, this past episode swung the pendulum heavily towards Rick's side.

Simply, Morgan was acting illogically.  

I am firmly on Rick and Carol's side when it comes to how they handle things. This is the zombie apocalypse. When Rick killed Pete that was a necessary action. Pete was dangerous. Violent with his own family, and he killed Reg as well. At that point, no trial was needed. Pete had to go. It'd be one thing if they tried him within the group for beating his wife or something along those lines, but when Pete killed somebody... there was no turning back at that point.

Morgan's actions are baffling to say the least. The Wolves are literally hacking your people to pieces in the streets of Alexandria and you politely ask them to leave? Then you let them leave, so they can go back and give intel to whomever is leading their group? Insanity. Morgan's actions are going to get more people killed. Lost a lot of respect for his character in this episode. In this world, you have to protect you and yours. People like the Wolves must be dealt with in a merciless manner. I think this is the first time Morgan is really seeing the horrors that Rick and his group have already been forced to confront. Morgan didn't have to deal with the Governor.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 6:44 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Some info about the possible future of TWD. It might be particularly interesting to those who read the comics. Warning: Contains possible spoilers, so read at your own risk ...

But...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the walking dead   the walking dead - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

the walking dead
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next