Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury

Go down 
+22
jak341
steelcrazy
Steel Peon
fer69
Atlanta Dan
Jazzo
TESS743
SoCalFan
OX1947
Rhyno
Bert Gordon
SteelerSpartan
tony hipchest
pczach
SteelersYak
white_steel_wolfe
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelerdude15
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
marvology
ImperialFan
Hawaii 5-0
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
white_steel_wolfe

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Superbowl dreams down the drain :'(
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:04 pm

In a report by Albert Breer on NFL Network: Mike Tomlin is quoted: "Ben is being evaluated, and will have an MRI "

Breer reports team is hopeful ACL in left knee is intact.....

Shit
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:07 pm

The sky is falling, seriously.

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Just heartbreaking. Ben's looked better than ever the past couple years. Terrible thing to happen on the day he breaks Bradshaw's win record. This is a huge test for the team.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:16 pm

If it's a knee injury, the season is done.

Best case he comes back after the BYE, but the schedule is not favorable the last six games.

There is never good timing to lose a franchise QB, but this one hurts.

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:16 pm

Von Oelhoffen's karma coming home to roost. This sucks.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

Tomlin usually says things don't look good. I'm hoping him not knowing is a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:17 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
This is a huge test for the team.

Define "huge test".  Because this pretty much torpedoes the season in nine out of 10 scenarios.

If this is a test, the team needs to flunk to get a bad grade and top pick.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:20 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Tomlin usually says things don't look good. I'm hoping him not knowing is a good sign.

Well I think he, like everyone else knows that Bens season is over. No doubt about it. No reason for him to talk about it and cause people to start jumping off buildings, which I'm considering.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:20 pm

The #Steelers feel confident that Roethlisberger doesn't have any broken bones. He will have an MRI tonight to check ligaments

— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) September 27, 2015
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:22 pm

Lord please just  give us a chance and let Ben come back this season

ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:25 pm

Bert Gordon wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
This is a huge test for the team.

Define "huge test".  Because this pretty much torpedoes the season in nine out of 10 scenarios.

If this is a test, the team needs to flunk to get a bad grade and top pick.

You really have that little faith in Vicks ability and in the rest of this team to remain competitive? Sure our odds to win the superbowl probably went from like 12:1 to 40:1, but I don't think its tank the season bad. I mean I still wanna watch this team develop ....Ben might be back next year. Im more worried about his career than I am his season. His season is done.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
The #Steelers feel confident that Roethlisberger doesn't have any broken bones. He will have an MRI tonight to check ligaments

— Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) September 27, 2015

The broken bones would heal six times in the time its going to take that entire knee to be reconstructed and rehabilitated. Were going to be lucky to have him back by this time next season.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Rhyno wrote:
Von Oelhoffen's karma coming home to roost. This sucks.

Does this mean Carson Palmer is going to lead Steelers West to a Super Bowl victory?!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I have had ligament damage and I will take a broken bone over any soft tissue damage every time! I am just being optimistic but having viewed the play over & over I think this was a rare case of much pain with little damage, I hope! Glass half full...

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:37 pm

Praying it's mcl sprain. Please god
Back to top Go down
TESS743

TESS743

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:44 pm

I'm going to wait for the official word on how serious Ben's injury is. I'm hoping and praying that it is not as severe as it looked. Don't forget that this was a guy who's face kissed the windshield of a car and came back before the season ended. Hopefully, he will be able to return by playoff time (yes I still believe that we will make the playoffs). Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 184121345 I am always optimistic.
GO STEELERS!!
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:45 pm

If only this was all an elaborate ruse by Tomlin and Ben...just so the defense could be relied on to win a game and get a tremendous confidence boost to stir them on for the rest of the season

SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Schefters sources saying 4 weeks!!!!

Edit...damn min of 4 could be longer

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamschefter

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:52 pm

OX1947 wrote:

I think it's a mcl tear or hopefully just a sprain.

either way, Ben should be back this season...

Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:53 pm

We can all live now, put the damn razor down!

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 5:56 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I love your optimism! I am hoping it isn't too serious. The good news is we have plenty of weapons on offense and our defense is getting better. I will be happy if Vick can at least go .500 for us until Ben returns.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I love your optimism! I am hoping it isn't too serious. The good news is we have plenty of weapons on offense and our defense is getting better. I will be happy if Vick can at least go .500 for us until Ben returns.

that would place us at 8-8 or 9-7 this season. As destroyed as I am over this whole thing I am actually a little more optimistic in this teams ability to make the playoffs with out Ben. I think this team has gotten a lot stronger in several other key areas that will allow u to compete. Dont forget we still have the best running back and best wide receiver in the league. Also the arrow is pointing up for our defense as shazier seems to be stepping up and our secondary seems to have magically improved noticeably in the past couple games.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:22 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

that would place us at 8-8 or 9-7 this season. As destroyed as I am over this whole thing I am actually a little more optimistic in this teams ability to make the playoffs with out Ben. I think this team has gotten a lot stronger in several other key areas that will allow u to compete. Dont forget we still have the best running back and best wide receiver in the league. Also the arrow is pointing up for our defense as shazier seems to be stepping up and our secondary seems to have magically improved noticeably in the past couple games.

I agree with everything you said, except that our record would actually be more like 4-3 when Ben returns.

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Tomlin gonna need to go 2010 ben suspension coaching the next month. 3-1, would have been 4-0 if not for kemo bone head ass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next