Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury

Go down 
+22
jak341
steelcrazy
Steel Peon
fer69
Atlanta Dan
Jazzo
TESS743
SoCalFan
OX1947
Rhyno
Bert Gordon
SteelerSpartan
tony hipchest
pczach
SteelersYak
white_steel_wolfe
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelerdude15
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
marvology
ImperialFan
Hawaii 5-0
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
therocksteeler
Xtreme Newb
therocksteeler

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:38 am

26 Rams Mark Barum the crosshairs are on you! Three officials with NFL review tape and admit Foul low hit this morning.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:
Honestly, even if it's a sprain he should be rested until the BYE.

Vick is Kordell circa 1998-2000 and/or 2002, but you can't risk re-injuring your franchise QB.

Being 5-5 w/ six to play isn't an ideal scenario, especially with the slate down the stretch, but with as much talent as Vick is surrounded with you'd think he'd perform more to 1997/2001 Kordell standards and go 4-3.

At 6-4 w/ six to play and Ben coming off of eight weeks rest there's a chance the team has a title run in it.

Rushing him back to play vs. OAK or CLE isn't worth it in just about any scenario.

Well I also think it may depend on how well vick is performing. If hes a complete train wreck and were 2-5 in 4 weeks and bens even 70% he comin back we were 4-3 hells yeah  let him get to 100%

If the Steelers collapse without Big Ben there is even less need to rush him back as the playoffs are unlikely.

Why risk significant injury to your franchise QB for a long shot at the playoffs?

Ben needs to sit at least six weeks, preferably eight.

It's just a sprain, albeit a bad one. NFL networks Ian Rapaport reports its likely to be closer to 6 weeks.

Ian Crapoport is also reporting that Ben's MCL is considering leaving Ben and the Steelers to play for Bruce Arians in Arizona. Pete Prisco has corroborated this report in between pelvic thrusts to Mr. Ed's asshole.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 11:41 am

Ben today described his initial reaction after the hit

When Roethlisberger fell to the ground as he was tackled by Rams safety Mark Barron, he grabbed below his left knee and appeared to injure his lower leg.

“Initially, my knee, my leg, everything hurt,” Roethlisberger said. “Eventually, my knee started to feel better, but as I was going off the field I told the doc I feel like my leg is broke. It felt really bad.

“What they concluded was that was the two bones smacking together that caused the bone bruise. That’s what I felt initially.”

Roethlisberger said he was told by team doctor James Bradley that, upon feeling the quarterback’s knee, the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) was not damaged.

“You’re always scared that it’s season-ending ACL surgery and things like that, “Roethlisberger said. “You still have that little bit of nerves until you get that MRI.”

Full story through this link

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/09/29/Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-was-fearful-he-broke-leg-or-suffered-season-ending-injury-against-Rams/stories/201509290155

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Quote :
“What they concluded was that was the two bones smacking together that caused the bone bruise. That’s what I felt initially.”

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 798776511

there goes overdramatic ben making up fake injuries again. 109 degree temperatures, broken thumb, broken foot, severed artery in nasal passage causing extensive bleeding, concussion, cracked sternum, now a bone bruise from "smacking together".

he's such a wuss! suck it up and play, fatboy!

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 2981382511

(i sure as hell thought it was broke. he must have adamantinum bone lacing.)

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 12:05 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Quote :

there goes overdramatic ben making up fake injuries again.  109 degree temperatures, broken thumb, broken foot, severed artery in nasal passage causing extensive bleeding, concussion, cracked sternum, now a bone bruise from "smacking together".

he's such a wuss!  suck it up and play, fatboy!

(i sure as hell thought it was broke.  he must have adamantinum bone lacing.)

Yeah I didnt think your fibula could smack against another bone with out it crumbling, guess Tomlin has a no crutch on the sideline rule, ben wants to lose the crutches by thursday.

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Suck it up butter cup! Get out there and PLAY FOOTBALL Thursday night!!-plenty of recovery time!
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:21 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Quote :

there goes overdramatic ben making up fake injuries again.  109 degree temperatures, broken thumb, broken foot, severed artery in nasal passage causing extensive bleeding, concussion, cracked sternum, now a bone bruise from "smacking together".

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 1647293567 Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 1647293567 Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 1647293567

If he was a real man he'd be out there on Thursday night.

Brady and Rodgers' bones wouldn't have smacked together. Elite QB's bones don't smack, it's science.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 1:35 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Quote :

he's such a Drama Queen Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 1797695198

James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

Ben: "I can deal w a lot of pain. This is painful."

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 4:19 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
Quote :

I did the procedure myself.  Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 1797695198

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 4206706-7035559806-Adama

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 Adamantium
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 8:25 pm

Anthony Becht: ‘Big Ben Could Return In Two Weeks’

September 29, 2015
By Jake Brown

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 Gettyimages-490331852

It’s hard to fathom the amount of injuries around the NFL, especially through the first three weeks this season. Another big one came Sunday when Rams safety Mark Barron sacked Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, hitting him just below his left knee. Luckily for the Steelers, it wasn’t an ACL injury, but a sprained MCL and a bone bruise. Reports have said he will miss four to six weeks and Michael Vick will take over.

Former 12-year NFL tight end and current Bucs pre and post game analyst on WDAE Anthony Becht joined us on the Brown and Scoop podcast on CBS Radio’s Play.it and iTunes and believes there is a chance Big Ben only misses two weeks. Becht missed just one game in his NFL career with the same MCL injury.

for rest of article and to listen to podcast:

http://radio.cbssports.com/2015/09/29/anthony-becht-big-ben-could-return-in-two-weeks/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4