Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury

Go down 
+22
jak341
steelcrazy
Steel Peon
fer69
Atlanta Dan
Jazzo
TESS743
SoCalFan
OX1947
Rhyno
Bert Gordon
SteelerSpartan
tony hipchest
pczach
SteelersYak
white_steel_wolfe
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelerdude15
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
marvology
ImperialFan
Hawaii 5-0
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:29 pm

Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
Praying it's mcl sprain. Please god

I think it's a mcl tear or hopefully just a sprain.

either way, Ben should be back this season...

I love your optimism! I am hoping it isn't too serious. The good news is we have plenty of weapons on offense and our defense is getting better. I will be happy if Vick can at least go .500 for us until Ben returns.

that would place us at 8-8 or 9-7 this season. As destroyed as I am over this whole thing I am actually a little more optimistic in this teams ability to make the playoffs with out Ben. I think this team has gotten a lot stronger in several other key areas that will allow u to compete. Dont forget we still have the best running back and best wide receiver in the league. Also the arrow is pointing up for our defense as shazier seems to be stepping up and our secondary seems to have magically improved noticeably in the past couple games.

I agree with everything you said, except that our record would actually be more like 4-3 when Ben returns.

See somebody said the words "four weeks" and suddenly everyone thinks hes only going to miss four weeks. It is AT LEAST 4 weeks. Assuming that tomorrow his MRI shows no ACL mutilation. Also assuming he recovers from one hell of a sprained knee in four weeks, which this being so severe is unlikely. If he only misses 4 weeks that would be great, and Chuck Norris will start checking under his bed for Ben Roethlisberger at night.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:32 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I love your optimism! I am hoping it isn't too serious. The good news is we have plenty of weapons on offense and our defense is getting better. I will be happy if Vick can at least go .500 for us until Ben returns.

that would place us at 8-8 or 9-7 this season. As destroyed as I am over this whole thing I am actually a little more optimistic in this teams ability to make the playoffs with out Ben. I think this team has gotten a lot stronger in several other key areas that will allow u to compete. Dont forget we still have the best running back and best wide receiver in the league. Also the arrow is pointing up for our defense as shazier seems to be stepping up and our secondary seems to have magically improved noticeably in the past couple games.

I agree with everything you said, except that our record would actually be more like 4-3 when Ben returns.

See somebody said the words "four weeks"  and suddenly everyone thinks hes only going to miss four weeks. It is AT LEAST 4 weeks. Assuming that tomorrow his MRI shows no ACL mutilation. Also assuming he recovers from one hell of a sprained knee in four weeks, which this being so severe is unlikely. If he only misses 4 weeks that would be great, and Chuck Norris will start checking under his bed for Ben Roethlisberger at night.

I never said that, lol. I am going with Hawaii 5-0's optimistic scenario. Go back and look how our conversation got started. I even put it in bold for you, smh...

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:36 pm

Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

See somebody said the words "four weeks"  and suddenly everyone thinks hes only going to miss four weeks. It is AT LEAST 4 weeks. Assuming that tomorrow his MRI shows no ACL mutilation. Also assuming he recovers from one hell of a sprained knee in four weeks, which this being so severe is unlikely. If he only misses 4 weeks that would be great, and Chuck Norris will start checking under his bed for Ben Roethlisberger at night.

I never said that, lol. I am going with Hawaii 5-0's optimistic scenario. Go back and look how our conversation got started. I even put it in bold for you, smh...

and keep in mind, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a few years ago...
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:39 pm

Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Jazzo wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Thank you for putting it in bold, sorry for my misinterpretation of your optimism as being "popular opinion" as opposed to just a comforting hypothetical situation. It sure is comforting to think he could only be gone for 4 weeks...I think we can all agree on that. I honestly think I am going to lose sleep over this shit tonight.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
It sure is comforting to think he could only be gone for 4 weeks...I think we can all agree on that. I honestly think I am going to lose sleep over this shit tonight.

I feel you! I will be too! I am praying until we get the MRI results back tomorrow.

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 pm

If the best case scenario is out 4 weeks here are the next 4 weeks

Ravens
@ Chargers
Cardinals (you think Arians is looking for payback for getting fired?
@Chiefs

Really need to beat the Ravens - hard to see the Steelers favored in the 3 games after that
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:50 pm

deer antler spray anyone?!?!?

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:52 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
This is a huge test for the team.

Define "huge test".  Because this pretty much torpedoes the season in nine out of 10 scenarios.

If this is a test, the team needs to flunk to get a bad grade and top pick.

You really have that little faith in Vicks ability

YES.

He's better than Landry Jones, but that's about it.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Bert Gordon wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
This is a huge test for the team.

Define "huge test".  Because this pretty much torpedoes the season in nine out of 10 scenarios.

If this is a test, the team needs to flunk to get a bad grade and top pick.

You really have that little faith in Vicks ability

YES.

He's better than Landry Jones, but that's about it.

Better than Foles.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 pm

Ben's MRI to be done tonight? According to NBC SPORTS it has been moved from monday to tonight,

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/27/mri-coming-tonight-for-ben-roethlisberger/

the following is a tweet I copied and pasted

That MRI will come on Sunday night, the Steelers are not wasting any time to figure out what is the extent of his injury

http://fansided.com/2015/09/27/ben-roethlisbergers-leg-no-breaks-mri/

If it turns out this is only an mcl injury, and he jogs back out on a football field in 3-4 weeks not only will I eat crow but Ben should be anointed worlds toughest badass. That was an absolutely gruesome looking injury any human being would have had a broken fibula(and maybe tibia too), no broken bones is impressive, if all he gets out of this is a sprain Ill shit.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:13 pm

Good to know, the suspense is killing us!!!

Wait, took my damn insurance 3 weeks to approve my MRI! Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 2913999526

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:28 pm

I hope they gave Ben some Oxycodone to ease his pain. He deserves only the best in pain management medication.

regardless it seems like all sources say we will get an update monday. So I guess they are going to sit on the information over night and tell us tomorrow thats kind of f'ed up. I mean I understand a mans health is in question here by why leave us fans hanging? I will search the internet for leaks through out the night.

Apparently MRI results can take up to 24 hours to fully evaluate? The doctor that orders them can read them to an extent but for a full evaluation it takes up to 24 hours? well were sleeping on it!

Last edited by ImperialFan on Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 8:55 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
Schefters sources saying 4 weeks!!!!

Boy, do I hate hearing any news from this little turd, even if it's good news. Personally, I don't think AS knows shit, and is just speculating like the media whore that he is.......but I guess I could live with 4 weeks.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:13 pm

We wont know until the MRI results are in. Torn acl- gone for season mcl sprain- 2-4 weeks.so unless the mri results have been leaked idk how anyone would know.

Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Honestly, even if it's a sprain he should be rested until the BYE.

Vick is Kordell circa 1998-2000 and/or 2002, but you can't risk re-injuring your franchise QB.

Being 5-5 w/ six to play isn't an ideal scenario, especially with the slate down the stretch, but with as much talent as Vick is surrounded with you'd think he'd perform more to 1997/2001 Kordell standards and go 4-3.

At 6-4 w/ six to play and Ben coming off of eight weeks rest there's a chance the team has a title run in it.

Rushing him back to play vs. OAK or CLE isn't worth it in just about any scenario.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Bert Gordon wrote:

Vick is Kordell circa 1998-2000 and/or 2002, but you can't risk re-injuring your franchise QB.

Being 5-5 w/ six to play isn't an ideal scenario, especially with the slate down the stretch, but with as much talent as Vick is surrounded with you'd think he'd perform more to 1997/2001 Kordell standards and go 4-3.

At 6-4 w/ six to play and Ben coming off of eight weeks rest there's a chance the team has a title run in it.

Rushing him back to play vs. OAK or CLE isn't worth it in just about any scenario.

Well I also think it may depend on how well vick is performing. If hes a complete train wreck and were 2-5 in 4 weeks and bens even 70% he comin back we were 4-3 hells yeah let him get to 100%

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:44 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I hope they gave Ben some Oxycodone to ease his pain. He deserves only the best in pain management medication.

regardless it seems like all sources say we will get an update monday. So I guess they are going to sit on the information over night and tell us tomorrow thats kind of f'ed up. I mean I understand a mans health is in question here by why leave us fans hanging? I will search the internet for leaks through out the night.

Apparently MRI results can take up to 24 hours to fully evaluate? The doctor that orders them can read them to an extent but for a full evaluation it takes up to 24 hours? well were sleeping on it!
im gonna need some oxycodone for the hangover im gonna have in the morning..been drinking to calm my nerves since oh about 3:30..call me crazy (you wouldnt be the first) but i had a bad feeling something catastrophic was gonna happen with the whole field catching on fire fiasco and the supermoon lunar eclipse stuff..bad juju:thud:

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 9:47 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

im gonna need some oxycodone for the hangover im gonna have in the morning..been drinking to calm my nerves since oh about 3:30..call me crazy (you wouldnt be the first) but i had a bad feeling something catastrophic was gonna happen with the whole field catching on fire fiasco and the supermoon lunar eclipse stuff..bad juju:thud:                                                                          

Nah man on the play before he got injured I noticed how close he was coming to getting clobbered on every play and i thought about how bad it would be if he got injured then it happened... but I think about how bad it would be if he got injured all the time so its probably not as ironic as it seems.

Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:19 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:

Well I also think it may depend on how well vick is performing. If hes a complete train wreck and were 2-5 in 4 weeks and bens even 70% he comin back we were 4-3 hells yeah  let him get to 100%

If the Steelers collapse without Big Ben there is even less need to rush him back as the playoffs are unlikely.

Why risk significant injury to your franchise QB for a long shot at the playoffs?

Ben needs to sit at least six weeks, preferably eight.

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:49 am

If anyone wants to see highlights of the game don't bother watching ESPN for the NFL Network.

What appeared to be a possible season ending injury to one of the best players in the league is apparently a non-story.

. .
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:55 am

If it were baby brady or discount double check it would be all that is on! Sickening...

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:12 am

SoCalFan wrote:
If it were baby brady or discount double check it would be all that is on! Sickening...

It was the last highlight shown on both networks. I guess the Browns and Raiders was more important. Even the Saints Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 1505004552

. .
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:06 am

A good article from ESPN: should there have been a penalty on this play? The following quote says it all:

Quote :
Mike Pereira, the NFL's former vice president of officiating and now a Fox analyst, said he believes that one should have been called. The NFL routinely reviews coaches' tape of all games and frequently issues fines for plays that weren't penalized during the game.

No one is suggesting that Barron's hit was dirty. But from this vantage point, it appeared to fall into the big bucket of quarterback contact the NFL tries to avoid. You can see why.

Full article can be read here: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/181148/mark-barrons-hit-on-ben-roethlisberger-looked-illegal
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:43 am

Bert Gordon wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:

Well I also think it may depend on how well vick is performing. If hes a complete train wreck and were 2-5 in 4 weeks and bens even 70% he comin back we were 4-3 hells yeah  let him get to 100%

If the Steelers collapse without Big Ben there is even less need to rush him back as the playoffs are unlikely.

Why risk significant injury to your franchise QB for a long shot at the playoffs?

Ben needs to sit at least six weeks, preferably eight.

It's just a sprain, albeit a bad one. NFL networks Ian Rapaport reports its likely to be closer to 6 weeks.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:15 am

Time to throw cold water on the thread.

Steelers.com, is saying it is in fact a MCL injury and there is no timetable to his return [straight from the mouth of Tomlin].

Beat writers acknowledging this, but still holding to the 4-6 week predictions from last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben carted off with apparent knee injury   Ben carted off with apparent knee injury - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben carted off with apparent knee injury
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next