Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow far can Vick take us. - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How far can Vick take us.

Go down 
+46
Vis
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steel Peon
steelcityboyz
SteelersYak
SteelerEmpire
schillah
Geordie
SteelCityUnderground
Drizztbob
Buddha Bus
Steelcitian
jak341
vasteeler
Rhyno
OX1947
lotas
FanSince72
Atlanta Dan
SteelCity4Life
mscarmel0716
jigones
teegre
Wallace108
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
LambertLunatic
SteelersNorth
kan_t
FrancoLambert
Lokki
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
Dave75th
Bert Gordon
SteelerFreak58
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
Master_Of_Puppets
harrison'samonster
white_steel_wolfe
pczach
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Dave75th wrote:
schillah wrote:
Why has this thread become so childish? Lets stay on topic people

I agree.

I hoping the Steelers win tomorrow night. The Ravens are the only team that comes in here in January unafraid.

You agree? You're the one who started it you dipshit

schillah

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:51 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
I'm not feeling too good about this:

The starting QB is out

No one knows if good Vick is gonna show up on game days, or bad Vick ?

The field goal kicker is totally unreliable

The leading tackler and play maker on defense may be out

The next 6 weeks could be miracle, or a total nightmare.

With all that...imagine how the ravens will feel if they lose
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Vick and Roethlisberger were my favorite QBs back in '05. I have nothing but high hopes for Vick but I just hope he doesn't try to do too much. He has the talent around him to be successful.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:24 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Vick and Roethlisberger were my favorite QBs back in '05.  I have nothing but high hopes for Vick but I just hope he doesn't try to do too much.  He has the talent around him to be successful.  
*ding* *ding* *ding* exactly.

If Vick tries to do too much it's going to lead to turnovers, and I think turnovers may be what this game comes down to. If we can avoid them on offense and force one or two on defense, we'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:42 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Vick and Roethlisberger were my favorite QBs back in '05.  I have nothing but high hopes for Vick but I just hope he doesn't try to do too much.  He has the talent around him to be successful.  

Were going to be fine people, maybe we lose a game or 2 more than if Ben were in but were going to stay afloat. I can feel it in my bones.

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm not afraid if Landry Jones has to play, other than that he's never gotten the chance to play with good blocking, excellent receivers, and excellent running backs.

. .
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:31 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
I'm not afraid if Landry Jones has to play, other than that he's never gotten the chance to play with good blocking, excellent receivers, and excellent running backs.
This is the best post ive read... Let's see what Landry can do with quality players..
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:57 pm

SteelerEmpire wrote:
I'm not feeling too good about this:

The starting QB is out

No one knows if good Vick is gonna show up on game days, or bad Vick ?

The field goal kicker is totally unreliable

The leading tackler and play maker on defense may be out

The next 6 weeks could be miracle, or a total nightmare.

Im almost more concerned with Scobee than I am Vick, thank god he made the pick that sealed the game for us last sunday, but those 2 fg misses and 1 extra point miss from the first 2 games makes it so I will never feel confident  with him in there, we should pick someone else up. I wonder if berry can kick field goals.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Dave75th wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Is this what's bothering you boys and girls?

no, not really.

what bothers us is that you have chosen to cheat in order to gain an advantage...

It's called "gamesmanship". When the Celtics won 11 NBA Championships in 13 years they accused Red Auerbach of cheating. No, it was "gamesmanship", and he was a master at it. We're just wicked smaaat here in Boston.

HardWork

Deliberately turning up the heat in your opponent's locker room during NBA playoff games played in June does not qualify as gamesmanship.

It's cheating pure and simple.

That's OK......you guys accept that as the norm. Everyone who knows football accepts this as fact now. What a legacy!

Go have a grinder.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:35 pm

To chyme in on ths whole cheating discussing which doesnt even belong in this thread and needs to end. Perhaps it wouldnt be cheating if both teams knew the balls were deflated. If the opposing team didnt know the balls were flatter and easier to grip they would be able to game plan to use that to their advantage. I definitely consider it cheating. Who knows what other sneaky bullshit they did and got away with.

Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:01 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Is this what's bothering you boys and girls?

no, not really.

what bothers us is that you have chosen to cheat in order to gain an advantage...

It's called "gamesmanship". When the Celtics won 11 NBA Championships in 13 years they accused Red Auerbach of cheating. No, it was "gamesmanship", and he was a master at it. We're just wicked smaaat here in Boston.

HardWork

Deliberately turning up the heat in your opponent's locker room during NBA playoff games played in June does not qualify as gamesmanship.

It's cheating pure and simple.

That's OK......you guys accept that as the norm.  Everyone who knows football accepts this as fact now.  What a legacy!

Go have a grinder.

The Patriots* are really good at two things: winning football games and not giving a shit what you think about them.

See if you can win a playoff game, then come and talk to me.

HardWork
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:53 pm

Dave75th wrote:
The Patriots** are really good at two things: winning football games and not giving a shit what you think about them.

See if you can win a playoff game, then come and talk to me.

HardWork

My guess is you and I have been on teams that have won the same number of playoff games - zero

With regard to the number of playoff games won by the Steelers and Patriots*

Pittsburgh Steelers - 33

New England Patriots* - 27

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/story.aspx?story_id=585

We both know which team has won more Super Bowls

Get back to me in a few seasons when your team catches up sweetheart

Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Get back to me in a few seasons when your team catches up sweetheart

We don't even consider the Steelers anymore son. If we play you you're just another W on the way to our yearly trip to the AFC Championship.
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:05 am

Dave75th wrote:
We don't even consider the Steelers anymore son.

And you're too stupid to realize that no one even considers the P-Words a respectable organization anymore chowdahead. ESPN just published an article cataloging all the Spygate shit they weren't allowed to reveal years ago, which show a great deal of DISrespect to an organization that was just (supposedly) cleared of it's most recent cheating infraction. Mike Tomlin stood at the podium after our game and flat out called your ownership and coaching staff a bunch of underhanded sneaky dick heads, and no fucks were given by anyone. In fact, even professional Lady Brady ball washer Skip Brainless, along with the normally dweeby Stephen A Smith, called the tactic despicable, and applauded Tomlin for calling you P-Words on your bullshit.

Your team will be synonymous with cheating..........forever. You're just going to have to accept that your shady organization feels so self-important they're willing to tarnish the entire game itself so they feel better about themselves, and forget about what huge losers they were before they started cheating. Everyone would automatically acknowledge their excellence if only those pesky rules didn't keep holding them down. Well, your guys sure showed that rule book who's boss, and no one will ever doubt their skill in breaking rules ever again. When it comes to cheaters, you fucking P-Words are tops, and I hope you're proud of yourselves.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:09 am

tony hipchest wrote:

On subject now, in defense of Landry Jones, I don't think I remember seeing him throw something even close to a pick the entire pre-season. Am I wrong here? Sure he overthrew his receivers a ton, but there were also plenty of balls on target that got dropped.

Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:15 am

Steel Peon wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
We don't even consider the Steelers anymore son.

And you're too stupid to realize that no one even considers the P-Words a respectable organization anymore chowdahead. ESPN just published an article cataloging all the Spygate shit they weren't allowed to reveal years ago, which show a great deal of DISrespect to an organization that was just (supposedly) cleared of it's most recent cheating infraction. Mike Tomlin stood at the podium after our game and flat out called your ownership and coaching staff a bunch of underhanded sneaky dick heads, and no fucks were given by anyone. In fact, even professional Lady Brady ball washer Skip Brainless, along with the normally dweeby Stephen A Smith, called the tactic despicable, and applauded Tomlin for calling you P-Words on your bullshit.

Your team will be synonymous with cheating..........forever. You're just going to have to accept that your shady organization feels so self-important they're willing to tarnish the entire game itself so they feel better about themselves, and forget about what huge losers they were before they started cheating. Everyone would automatically acknowledge their excellence if only those pesky rules didn't keep holding them down. Well, your guys sure showed that rule book who's boss, and no one will ever doubt their skill in breaking rules ever again. When it comes to cheaters, you fucking P-Words are tops, and I hope you're proud of yourselves.

We win, you lose. It's that simple, peon.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:27 am

Dave75th wrote:

We win, you lose. It's that simple, peon.

Woah now bub How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 1735582540 <--- (my bad visual metaphor for Father Time)
Bellichick and Brady aren't gonna be the Batman and Robin for Mass. forever you know that right? :p

Franchises have their ups and downs. Patriots** certainly had their downs before gamesmanship was brought in to the fold.

That legacy of gamesmanship that everyone in the sports world respects might end up being ageless but critical pieces to your franchise's roster arent How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 294855916 thats just science/history/common sense all rolled in to one. So cut us some slack, some of us here are wicked smaaawt too.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 am

Been gone a while & wondered how this thread quickly grew to 8 pages, a troll...

Here's some more food troll, take away that cheat baby brady and who do you guys got? I cant name one other known patriot!

Cheats-
tom brady.

Us-
Terry Bradshaw
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Franco Harris
Rocky Bleier
Hines Ward
Jerome Bettis
Joe Greene
Jack Ham
Jack Lambert
Etc. etc...

The rest of the world knows, the Patriots** are cheaters and any and all accomplishments WILL forever be tainted and everyone outside of your little patriot bubble knows it, FOREVER TAINTED...

How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 A0645572667_5

Last edited by SoCalFan on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 am

What kind of loser spends so much time on the internet on football forums that arent even their own team and getting in long heated arguments where they are clearly out witted by everyone on the board but continues to make stupid arguments.

Hey dave, The Patriots*******have been winning a lot for like the last 15 years. woo-hoo
I dont even give a fuck about the Patriots*******If you wouldnt have lucked out and picked brady in the draft you wouldnt have any rings. You cant win with out Brady. The steelers never suck, the Pats******** will quit stop winning as soon as brady leaves and will probably spend the next 20 years trying to find a quarterback because they're a bunch of idiots.

Didn't I ask you to kindly kill your self on like page 6 or something already? Go away loser get a girlfriend or a life or something.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:46 am

SoCalFan wrote:
Been gone a while & wondered how this thread quickly grew to 8 pages, a troll...

Here's some more food troll, take away that cheat baby brady and who do you guys got? I cant name one other known patriot!

Cheats-
tom brady.

They'll try to take Randy Moss How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:12 am

Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac Sep 29

Mike Vick will become 1st lefty to play QB for Steelers since Allie Sherman in 1943. Team merged with Phila that year and known as Steagles.

https://twitter.com/gerrydulac
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:07 am

The Steelers had a chance of being in the Pantheon of sports franchises but then you blew it. You went 35 years with only 2 super bowl victories. Let me repeat that, 35 years, two victories. Rather pedestrian to say the least. Can you rejoin the likes of the Canadians, Yankees, Celtics, and Patriots**? Maybe, but you've got a long way to go.

Good luck tonight, you're going to need it.

Latest line: Baltimore by 2 1/2 at Pittsburgh.

Last edited by Dave75th on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:23 am

Dave75th wrote:
The Steelers had a chance of being in the Pantheon of sports franchises but then you blew it. You went 35 years with only 2 super bowl victories. Let me repeat that, 35 years, two victories. Rather pedestrian to say the least. Can you rejoin the likes of the Canadians, Yankees, Celtics, and Patriots**? Maybe, but you've got a long way to go.

Maybe we should dispense with luck or even talent and just cheat eh ?

Any chance the mods on this board could change this fellas forum name to "Cheat" ?
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:25 am

1. Stop feeding this troll named Dave. He is just like Crash: if you stop talking to him, he will stop responding and he will go drink tea with his other Pansy, er, Patsy friends on their little boards (I can't imagine that such boards have been around that long because...)
2. The Patriots* are not some timeless dynasty. They haven't even been good at football (they've been good at cheating/manipulating/bending the rules). A true championship team is one that has won over many decades. Sound familiar to anyone.
3. Stop letting the troll derail Steelers chats. The Patriots* game is over. And after we paddle that little ass in the playoffs, Dave won't be around again.
4. Let's go Vick.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:25 am

Geordie wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
The Steelers had a chance of being in the Pantheon of sports franchises but then you blew it. You went 35 years with only 2 super bowl victories. Let me repeat that, 35 years, two victories. Rather pedestrian to say the least. Can you rejoin the likes of the Canadians, Yankees, Celtics, and Patriots***? Maybe, but you've got a long way to go.

Maybe we should dispense with luck or even talent and just cheat eh ?

Any chance the mods on this board could change this fellas forum name to "Cheat" ?

It would be Xtreme Cheater How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

How far can Vick take us.
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next