Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow far can Vick take us. - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How far can Vick take us.

Go down 
+46
Vis
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steel Peon
steelcityboyz
SteelersYak
SteelerEmpire
schillah
Geordie
SteelCityUnderground
Drizztbob
Buddha Bus
Steelcitian
jak341
vasteeler
Rhyno
OX1947
lotas
FanSince72
Atlanta Dan
SteelCity4Life
mscarmel0716
jigones
teegre
Wallace108
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
LambertLunatic
SteelersNorth
kan_t
FrancoLambert
Lokki
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
Dave75th
Bert Gordon
SteelerFreak58
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
Master_Of_Puppets
harrison'samonster
white_steel_wolfe
pczach
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:27 am

Dave75th wrote:
The Steelers had a chance of being in the Pantheon of sports franchises but then you blew it. You went 35 years with only 2 super bowl victories. Let me repeat that, 35 years, two victories. Rather pedestrian to say the least. Can you rejoin the likes of the Canadians, Yankees, Celtics, and Patriots**? Maybe, but you've got a long way to go.

Good luck tonight, you're going to need it.

We won 6 with Bradshaw and Roethlisberger and 3 different coaches. Dallas has 5 with 2 qbs and 3 coaches. SF has 5 with 2 qbs and 2 coaches. Bring your ass back when a New England team wins with a second QB or a second coach.

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:29 am

Vick just needs to play average. Meaning do his few 'splash' plays like he used to in Atlanta and even Philly and I think we win tonights game.

Plus time for that young defense to mature quick. Stinks that Shazier is out again but now he's got 10days to get ready for the Chargers.
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:31 am

Two Super Bowl victories in 35 years. The Steelers are out of the conversation along with Elvis, and General Motors.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:43 am

New England Patriots* - AFL 1960-1969 (zero championships)
New England Patriots* - NFL 1970-present...that would be 32 years before you guys even did anything, ohhhhhhhh SNAP! (drops the mic and walks off the stage) How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:56 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
New England Patriots** - AFL 1960-1969 (zero championships)
New England Patriots** - NFL 1970-present...that would be 32 years before you guys even did anything, ohhhhhhhh SNAP! (drops the mic and walks off the stage)  How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 3562723908

... and still counting if you count legitimate wins. How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 7:59 am

SteelersNorth wrote:
New England Patriots** - NFL 1970-present...that would be 32 years before you guys even did anything, ohhhhhhhh SNAP! (drops the mic and walks off the stage)  How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 3562723908

Exactly, we've done it all in 15 years, while you guys have been out of the conversation for 35 years.
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:00 am

SteelersNorth wrote:

I fed the troll and now you have fed the troll. We need to ignore him, he's fucken retahded

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:01 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
New England Patriots*** - AFL 1960-1969 (zero championships)
New England Patriots*** - NFL 1970-present...that would be 32 years before you guys even did anything, ohhhhhhhh SNAP! (drops the mic and walks off the stage)  How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 3562723908

... and still counting if you count legitimate wins. How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 2981382511

And let's face it, nobody but a team named the Patriots* was going to win in 2002. Loose Change was looking in the wrong direction. Robert Kraft was behind 9/11.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:03 am

I am excited for tonight and can't wait to see how we execute on both sides of the ball. Part of me is extremely worried about Vick, but at the same time, I remember being worried about Roethlisberger coming in for Maddox. Now obviously Ben was unproven/untested and was a question mark whereas Vick is a well known player at the end of his career. Still, you never know.

12 hours to go :)

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:03 am

Vis wrote:
SteelersNorth wrote:
New England Patriots*** - AFL 1960-1969 (zero championships)
New England Patriots*** - NFL 1970-present...that would be 32 years before you guys even did anything, ohhhhhhhh SNAP! (drops the mic and walks off the stage)  How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 3562723908

I fed the troll and now you have fed the troll.  We need to ignore him, he's fucken retahded

You're right, but I couldn't help myself.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:04 am

lotas wrote:
I remember being worried about Roethlisberger coming in for Maddox.

You're welcome

-The Baltimore Ravens

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:05 am

SoCalFan wrote:
Been gone a while & wondered how this thread quickly grew to 8 pages, a troll...

Here's some more food troll, take away that cheat baby brady and who do you guys got? I cant name one other known patriot!

Cheats-
tom brady.

Us-
Terry Bradshaw
Lynn Swann
John Stallworth
Franco Harris
Rocky Bleier
Hines Ward
Jerome Bettis
Joe Greene
Jack Ham
Jack Lambert
Etc. etc...

The rest of the world knows, the Patriots*** are cheaters and any and all accomplishments WILL forever be tainted and everyone outside of your little patriot  bubble knows it, FOREVER TAINTED...

How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 A0645572667_5
Apparently this patsy tool missed this, OR he was too much a pussy to acknowledge!? How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 2573146105

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:08 am

lotas wrote:
I am excited for tonight and can't wait to see how we execute on both sides of the ball. Part of me is extremely worried about Vick, but at the same time, I remember being worried about Roethlisberger coming in for Maddox. Now obviously Ben was unproven/untested and was a question mark whereas Vick is a well known player at the end of his career. Still, you never know.

12 hours to go :)

I'm just worried about the other guys being able to still be as productive in AB, Bell (out of the backfield), Wheaton, Miller, and hell even DHB was a threat with Ben.

Let's all just hope we get a hybrid Michael Vick a la 2004 in Atlanta and 2010 when he returned to Philly where he makes his classic 'splash' play and hits a few guys with some nice passes and they do the rest.

Actually we're at 12hrs and 22mins but who's counting lol
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:17 am

I think everyone else on the team knows they have to play that much better in Ben's absence. Lets hope they are out to make a statement and execute!

Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:21 am

lotas wrote:
Part of me is extremely worried about Vick

If my team had an ex-con for a quarterback I'd be worried to.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:32 am

tony hipchest wrote:
I'm not afraid if Landry Jones has to play, other than that he's never gotten the chance to play with good blocking, excellent receivers, and excellent running backs.

This

SteelersYak wrote:
1.  Stop feeding this troll named Dave.  He is just like Crash:  if you stop talking to him, he will stop responding and he will go drink tea with his other Pansy, er, Patsy friends on their little boards (I can't imagine that such boards have been around that long because...)
2.  The Patriots** are not some timeless dynasty.  They haven't even been good at football (they've been good at cheating/manipulating/bending the rules).  A true championship team is one that has won over many decades.  Sound familiar to anyone.
3.  Stop letting the troll derail Steelers chats.  The Patriots** game is over.  And after we paddle that little ass in the playoffs, Dave won't be around again.
4.  Let's go Vick.

and this
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:41 am

Anything I can do to strengthen your love for the Steelers let me know. The more you piss on the Patriots* the more you strengthened my respect for them. Except for the Celtics back in the day, the New England Patriots* are the best sports franchise I've ever seen and I'm 71.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 8:51 am

Dave75th wrote:
Anything I can do to strengthen your love for the Steelers let me know. The more you piss on the Patriots** the more you strengthened my respect for them. Except for the Celtics back in the day, the New England Patriots** are the best sports franchise I've ever seen and I'm 71.
You're 71? I was thinking you were more in the 12-15 age bracket. Not a put down, just what I gathered from your posts and you being here in the first place. So if you really are 71, The Patriots* are the best sports franchise you ever seen? They didn't become relevant until the Brady era and the Steelers have 4 Super Bowl wins in the 70s with Bradshaw and 2 currently with Ben. Tell me again whos the best sports franchise?
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:12 am

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-nfl/0ap3000000542980/How-different-will-Steelers-offense-look-with-Mike-Vick

Brian Billick mentions a glaring difference between Ben and Vick is Ben's "ability to extend the play", but in all honesty, that's really not true anymore. Since Haley's offense has been implemented, Ben doesn't extend plays like he used to: why? Because the O-line is performing well and the play-calling is appropriate and well executed. He HAD to extend the play in his first 5+ years because his line would literally fall apart by the time he surveyed his 1st and 2nd options on the field, his only option was to scramble out and try to find an open receiver.

While it made Ben fun to watch, it was god damn nerve-wracking as a fan, and he was way more prone to injuries and sacks back then. Those splash plays were a "fun" part of 20-something year old Ben, but now he has matured along with this line and offense in general.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:47 am

Steelcitian wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Anything I can do to strengthen your love for the Steelers let me know. The more you piss on the Patriots*** the more you strengthened my respect for them. Except for the Celtics back in the day, the New England Patriots*** are the best sports franchise I've ever seen and I'm 71.
You're 71? I was thinking you were more in the 12-15 age bracket. Not a put down, just what I gathered from your posts and you being here in the first place. So if you really are 71, The Patriots** are the best sports franchise you ever seen? They didn't become relevant until the Brady era and the Steelers have 4 Super Bowl wins in the 70s with Bradshaw and 2 currently with Ben. Tell me again whos the best sports franchise?

hes not 71. I dont buy that for a minute. your assessment of 12-15 is probably very accurate

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:05 am

vasteeler wrote:
Steelcitian wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Anything I can do to strengthen your love for the Steelers let me know. The more you piss on the Patriots**** the more you strengthened my respect for them. Except for the Celtics back in the day, the New England Patriots**** are the best sports franchise I've ever seen and I'm 71.
You're 71? I was thinking you were more in the 12-15 age bracket. Not a put down, just what I gathered from your posts and you being here in the first place. So if you really are 71, The Patriots*** are the best sports franchise you ever seen? They didn't become relevant until the Brady era and the Steelers have 4 Super Bowl wins in the 70s with Bradshaw and 2 currently with Ben. Tell me again whos the best sports franchise?

hes not 71. I dont buy that for a minute. your assessment of 12-15 is probably very accurate

Could be 71. Onset of Alzheimers could explain some of the hints of dementia. Also, lots of older men get grumpy with an enlarged prostate. How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 1401235891
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:31 am

I just wonder who taught gramps how to work the computer doohickey?

The guy's as full of shit as the Depends he's wearing.

Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 11:03 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2574223-everyones-been-wondering-about-michael-vick-and-now-theyll-find-out

kind of a good article if you have a minute

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Out of the conversation for 35 years? Pretty sure we won two and been to three in the same 15 year span Patriots* got their first four. Pats* are literally sharing that 15 year apan with The Steelers who won two (more) and The Giants with Brady's kryptonite Eli Manning with two. Old man aint paying attention to anything. Doesnt even realize Steelers have had success with 3 different coaches to their one moment of being up. I know I shouldnt feed the troll but he lures me in so easily with his lack of rational thought.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:14 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Out of the conversation for 35 years? Pretty sure we won two and been to three in the same 15 year span Patriots** got their first four. Pats** are literally sharing that 15 year apan with The Steelers who won two (more) and The Giants with Brady's kryptonite Eli Manning with two. Old man aint paying attention to anything. Doesnt even realize Steelers have had success with 3 different coaches to their one moment of being up. I know I shouldnt feed the troll but he lures me in so easily with his lack of rational thought.

I've found that to be a common theme from the Pats* trolls

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

How far can Vick take us.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next