Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow far can Vick take us. - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How far can Vick take us.

Go down 
+46
Vis
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steel Peon
steelcityboyz
SteelersYak
SteelerEmpire
schillah
Geordie
SteelCityUnderground
Drizztbob
Buddha Bus
Steelcitian
jak341
vasteeler
Rhyno
OX1947
lotas
FanSince72
Atlanta Dan
SteelCity4Life
mscarmel0716
jigones
teegre
Wallace108
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
LambertLunatic
SteelersNorth
kan_t
FrancoLambert
Lokki
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
Dave75th
Bert Gordon
SteelerFreak58
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
Master_Of_Puppets
harrison'samonster
white_steel_wolfe
pczach
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:51 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Gradkowski wasn't that bad either, I'd probably take him over Vick, based off what I saw today. Keep in mind vick had no plans of playing today. Hopefully we will be pleasantly surprised, but even when I think back to when he was playing for the eagles his play was just always so sloppy,rushed and dangerous. Not Methodical like Ben, but he ain't Ben so....

Yeah, I'd take Grad as a backup right now, too.

He's a classic game manager type.

Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 10:52 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
...............I think Vick can manage this team but the to seven got harder today:

You were dreaming anyway. Brady will be wearing his 5th ring by next June.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 1:42 am

Ron Cook: On the bright side, Michael Vick can help Steelers win, too

September 27, 2015
By Ron Cook / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

ST. LOUIS — Maybe this will help on a Monday mourning that feels pretty rotten despite the Steelers’ 12-6 win Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.

Go back to second game of the 2004 season. Steelers quarterback Tommy Maddox went down in the third quarter at Baltimore with a serious elbow injury. A rookie named Roethlisberger took over and struggled in the 30-13 loss. After the game, several Steelers veterans whispered their season was over. All-Pro guard Alan Faneca even said he wasn’t the least bit excited about playing with a rookie quarterback.

Roethlisberger led that 2004 team to 14 consecutive wins and the AFC championship game.

Hey, I am trying to be positive here after Roethlisberger went down Sunday in the third quarter with a potentially serious knee injury.

None of the Steelers proclaimed the season over — at least not publicly — but a few of you probably did. I know I was thinking it.

“I understand that. I’m sick as well,” Mike Vick said. “We hate to see Ben in that position. A guy who is so good at what he does … ”

Roethlisberger was coming off an historic season and was headed to another when Rams safety Mark Barron crawled into him and took out his left knee. Many Steelers grumbled that defensive players aren’t supposed to be allowed to hit a quarterback low — “I know if we did it, we’re getting called for it,” defensive end Cam Heyward said — but they also realized a penalty wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the play. The team is looking at life without Roethlisberger at least for a significant time, if not the rest of the season. Vick took over Sunday and almost certainly will start Thursday night against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field.

“We understand Ben is a big component of our team, but we’ve got faith in a lot of other guys,” Heyward said. “Who’s to say Le’Veon [Bell] can’t go for 200? Who’s to say [Antonio Brown] can’t take over games? We’re just going to ask Mike to play his game. He was brought in here for a reason. We’re going to move forward.”

Like the team has a choice, right?

The winless Ravens probably aren’t going to feel sorry for the Steelers.

“It’s big shoes to fill,” Vick said. “I can’t do the things Ben does. I just have to play the way I know how to play. That’s why they brought me here. I’ve got to do everything right. I know how to do it right. I’m just thankful for the opportunity. Guys in this locker room believe in me. I’m playing with some great talent. Being around Ben these last four or five weeks, watching how he operates, watching how he works … he’s definitely an inspiration. I love Ben, I love being with him, I love being with these guys. I’ve just got to try to keep everything together until he gets back. I think we can go out there and get it done.”

Roethlisberger was among the first to congratulate Vick after the game Sunday. “He just told me, ‘Great finish,’ ” Vick said. But Vick knew the truth. He didn’t try to win the game. He just tried not to lose it. He took few chances and completed 5 of 6 passes for 38 yards. The Steelers defense finished the game and won it.

“He got us out of the stadium. That is what the backup quarterback’s job is,” coach Mike Tomlin said, adding he will expect better after Vick gets practice time this week with the first offense.

The signing of Vick in August wasn’t popular with all Steelers fans because of his prominent role in a dog-fighting ring and the subsequent prison time he served. But Tomlin is glad to have him now. The entire organization is. His experience alone makes him a better alternative than third-stringer Landry Jones.

“This guy has been in the National Football League a long time. Nothing is really new to him,” Tomlin said of Vick.

The support motivates Vick.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2015/09/27/Ron-Cook-On-the-bright-side-Michael-Vick-can-win-too-1/stories/201509270219
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:02 am

Bert Gordon wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Bert Gordon wrote:
"How far can Vick take us?"

How far did Kordell take the Steelers???

Vick is an inaccurate passer who never developed pocket presence.  He'll have weapons, but there's nothing suggesting he'll know how to utilize them.

Tomlin needs to play Cowher ball until BR7 returns: heavy doses of LVB and DAW.  He should only bust out the Arians offense (i.e. deep checks) with Vick in an emergency.

Not that Vick doesnt have a Cannon, because he does... hes just not terribly accurate. Maybe we should just run him all the time until he gets hurt then let Landry finish the job.

Vick is he NFL equivalent of Nuke LaLoosh, only he never had a "Crash" Davis to mentor him.

The Steelers can tread water the next 5-6 weeks with a game manager QB.  Alas, they don't have one.

How I miss Chaz Batch, Byron Leftwich and Mike Tomczak.

I wonder how much Tarvaris Jackson would cost in a trade...?

Leftwich, Tomczak and Tavaris Jackson? You think Vick is that bad? I hope your wrong.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 2:04 am

I think as Vick settles in and Haley adjusts the offense we will be fine. Last report I read is Ben's MCL is sprained and he's out 4-6 weeks.

Cody Wallace needs to play better and Beachum needs to quit holding, even if it bogus holding. They're gonna call it. Our D gave up big plays but also stopped key drives so we can improve there too.

Bryant coming back should help if him and Vick get on the same page. I won't say I'm not worried but I am also optimistic.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:15 am

Just remember this..

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:18 am

Dave75th wrote:
...............I think Vick can manage this team but the to seven got harder today:

Yeah....I heard he was getting his navel pierced just in time for his next trip to the beach.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 6:51 am

Dave75th wrote:

And you'll be shitting a brick if the Patriots* have to play the Steelers again with Roethlisberger back, and all their weapons in place in the playoffs. There would be nothing better than shitting down the throat of assholes like you that troll other websites when a player gets hurt.

You'd be curled up in the fetal position, sobbing uncontrollably, if Brady went down. So try to find some class moron.

Big Ben, LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Pouncey back, and this team at full strength. If the Steelers make the playoffs, they're the last team you'll want to see......and you know it dickhead.

Now go away.
Back to top Go down
Dave75th
Banned
Dave75th

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:17 am

Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:29 am

Stop the dink and dunk. Vick is not Ben and the only thing he probably still does well is throwing the long ball. Ask him to digest the defense and to make quick judgement is a disaster waiting to happen. Luckily the Steelers have lots of WRs who could be deep threat. Also hand the ball to Bell and DeAngelo Williams early and often.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 7:47 am

pczach wrote:
Dave75th wrote:

And you'll be shitting a brick if the Patriots** have to play the Steelers again with Roethlisberger back, and all their weapons in place in the playoffs. There would be nothing better than shitting down the throat of assholes like you that troll other websites when a player gets hurt.

You'd be curled up in the fetal position, sobbing uncontrollably, if Brady went down. So try to find some class moron.

Big Ben, LeVeon Bell, Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Pouncey back, and this team at full strength. If the Steelers make the playoffs, they're the last team you'll want to see......and you know it dickhead.

Now go away.

How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 3562723908 that was a pretty damn good reply
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:08 am

ImperialFan wrote:
With ben out for the rest of the season

I just got home from work and read this. At first I thought that it was announced overnight that Ben was out for the season. Damn you, you now owe me a pair of pants! On a side note, does anybody here know how to get crap stains out of a cloth chair?
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:52 am

I want to see how far #26 and #34 can take us, behind an O line. Lets limit what Vick has to do for 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 9:22 am

Honestly, I believe Vick can take us to 4-2 (if Ben is out 6 games) or at 2-2 (if Ben is out 4 games)

I also think this is the extent of what Vick has left in the tank. If Ben is out more than 6 games, then we might as well get ready for a very high draft pick.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:02 am

Like I said the day we took Vick as our back-up QB, he's a completely different type of QB than Ben and I think that he doesn't match with our offensive weapons. I'm absolutely no fan of his type of playstyle.

I would be really happy if we could go 2-2 with him at the helm.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:11 am

LambertLunatic wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
With ben out for the rest of the season

I just got home from work and read this.  At first I thought that it was announced overnight that Ben was out for the season.  Damn you, you now owe me a pair of pants!  On a side note, does anybody here know how to get crap stains out of a cloth chair?

My bad, it was part of my initial meltdown after bens leg wrinkled up like a slinky.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:26 am

Vick has been handed the keys to a Mercedes, let's hope he doesn't crash it How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 2761542443

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 am

How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 Vick

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:13 am

ImperialFan wrote:
Vick has been handed the keys to a Mercedes, let's hope he doesn't crash it How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 2761542443

I thought he was given the keys to the dawg house and now he can unleash the hounds!

Too soon?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:19 am

stlrtruck wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

I thought he was given the keys to the dawg house and now he can unleash the hounds!

Too soon?

How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 4275664633

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:25 am

stlrtruck wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Too soon?

How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 1647293567
Back to top Go down
jigones
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:30 am

I'm worried about continuity, including going from a right to left handed QB aaannnd back. Plus Ben typically needs a warm up game to get back into the flow of things. Plus Vick kinda sucks with his 3rd and fourth reads.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 11:34 am

On the bright side. Beachum won't be getting any holding penalties while protecting the blind side while Vick is in there. How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 1664291743
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 4:25 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
I want to see how far #26 and #34 can take us, behind an O line.  Lets limit what Vick has to do for 4 weeks.

I agree. Vick needs to not lose games. The group that really needs to assert themselves and carry the load is the offensive line, and the two stud RBs in the backfield.

Todd Haley will also have his work cut out for him formulating a game plan to play to Vick's strengths, while disguising his limited understanding of the offense and diminishing skills.

If the Steelers can find a way to get past the Ravens, they will get Martavis Bryant back, and get a premier vertical threat involved in the offense. An effective running game and a deep threat will be Michael Vick's best friend until Ben returns.

I see a lot of handoffs and screens, with doses of play action taking deep shots down the field. It has always been his strength. AB will probably get more aggressive in the return game to try to generate big plays and short fields.

It's going to be interesting how they approach this.
Back to top Go down
mscarmel0716
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 8:20 pm

pczach wrote:
Dave75th wrote:

And you'll be shitting a brick if the Patriots** have to play the Steelers again with Roethlisberger back, and all their weapons in place in the playoffs. There would be nothing better than shitting down the throat of assholes like you that troll other websites when a player gets hurt.

Now go away.

Right on, pczach!  How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 1647293567
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How far can Vick take us.
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next