Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHow far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

How far can Vick take us.

Go down 
+46
Vis
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Steel Peon
steelcityboyz
SteelersYak
SteelerEmpire
schillah
Geordie
SteelCityUnderground
Drizztbob
Buddha Bus
Steelcitian
jak341
vasteeler
Rhyno
OX1947
lotas
FanSince72
Atlanta Dan
SteelCity4Life
mscarmel0716
jigones
teegre
Wallace108
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
LambertLunatic
SteelersNorth
kan_t
FrancoLambert
Lokki
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
Dave75th
Bert Gordon
SteelerFreak58
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
Master_Of_Puppets
harrison'samonster
white_steel_wolfe
pczach
Steeler-in-west
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
ImperialFan
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:15 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
We're totally in that douche's head. The better question would be why would a fan of a team**** that has supposedly "legitimately" dominated the league for the past 15 years care what fans of an alleged "inferior" team (albeit by a senile retard) thinks about aforementioned team****? And why would that fan spend as much time as he/she does trolling their board unless he/she is just trying to convince himself/herself that said team**** isn't just a farcical joke squad full of cheaters and knows deep down that he/she is living a complete lie?

Someone should do a case study.

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 3964572787      How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 3964572787       How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 3964572787

And that's the end of that.  

Great post Buddha!

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 1647293567      How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2276209185

Thank you, kind sir. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 4250924620

Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:58 pm

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgPdMhkQclH1Vaw6FZasqwR3AuAnhb0KFk1DMLVAaxPglL-Q0_Cw

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 6:33 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Dave75th wrote:
That's not very nice Tony. And BTW, if you want to talk smack, please take it to the appropriate forum.

@Dave75th, you started off here posting respectfully. At some point, you went off the rails. As evidenced by Jon, fans of other teams are welcome here, and we enjoy some good-natured ribbing. But trolling will not be tolerated. Smack talk (within reason) from fans of other teams is acceptable only in the Smackdown forum. If you want to be a member of this community and post respectfully, you'll be accepted here. If you want to be a troll, we both know how the story ends. I'm giving you an opportunity to get back on track, so I hope you take it.

You moderate a forum that automatically puts an asterisk after a team that has dominated the league for 15 years and you expect respect? Go fuck yourself.

The only thing we expect is for members here to not act like douchebags. We even allow entertaining trolls to hang around as long as they continue to be entertaining. You failed on every level, so goodbye.
damn. You're starting to act just like that sissy a****** moderator Tony hip chest. He was always banning people who told him to f*** off for nothing more than simply moderating a message board, and putting dick heads in check. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 344726530

. .
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:05 pm

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 1de34a0939d9163d23ccb34cee5d0225
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:54 am

One thing I miss about SF boards is the Sissy Moderator Emoticon. But at least this place has this nice little gem for post troll bannings. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2472430564
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
One thing I miss about SF boards is the Sissy Moderator Emoticon.  But at least this place has this nice little gem for post troll bannings. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2472430564
I heard the reason that place went under is because that sissy moderator banned every single member for disagreeing with him.

In fact, one time he bannned a member in the recipe forum for suggesting that coriander was more popular than all spice. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2087824411

. .
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:17 am

tony hipchest wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
One thing I miss about SF boards is the Sissy Moderator Emoticon.  But at least this place has this nice little gem for post troll bannings. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2472430564
I heard the reason that place went under is because that sissy moderator banned every single member for disagreeing with him.

In fact, one time he bannned a member in the recipe forum for suggesting that coriander was more popular than all spice. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 2087824411

if only that sissy moderator could have just pulled up his granny panties and gotten over it

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Well, obviously Vick couldn't sneak out a W in the first winable game he played in. Hopefully the lessons were learned (obviously Scoobee was shown the door) and we can eek one out in San Diego. We don't seem to play well on the west coast but hopefully we can make some magic happen.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:53 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Frankly, Tony, you banned me several times for disagreeing with you and insulting you. Although it may have been uncalled for and sometimes my rants may have been borderline trolling, it was bullshit. You may remember me as BlaZeQuietly.

I am glad I found a place where I can kind of flip out sometimes with out being banned. I dont think anything I do here is considered trolling although I may act like a psycho once in a while.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:56 pm

vasteeler wrote:
tony hipchest wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

if only that sissy moderator could have just pulled up his granny panties and gotten over it

I stand by my opinion that Vick did a good job. He made a great block that allowed Bell to score a TD and played smart and didnt turn the ball over. I am fine with him as the back up until Ben gets back. I think Vick is one of the better back ups in the league. However I dont think he has played good enough to earn him a starter spot in the league anywhere ever again.

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Vick was ok.
I miss Chuck at qb (when called upon) and even Gradkowski as he reminded me of a younger Chuck.

I'm hoping Vick pulls one off this week now that we get Bryant back.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:09 pm

SteelersNorth wrote:
Vick was ok.
I miss Chuck at qb (when called upon) and even Gradkowski as he reminded me of a younger Chuck.

I'm hoping Vick pulls one off this week now that we get Bryant back.

Vick proved to be accurate enough that I think we can turn him loose in the passing game at least. The game plan by the coaches was a winning game plan and would have worked. Basically they made Vick play super conservative only using short passes and handing the ball off a lot. It would have worked fine and we would have won the game 23-17 or 26-17 had we had a kicker that was worth his weight in aluminum.

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:15 pm

there's no way he's that accurate to even have a game plan close to what they could make up for Ben.
Now i'm not syaing make it so he's super conservative as he will need to throw deep to open it up underneath, but still make it so its high percentage throws that don't burn them for the most part.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm

Yeah I mean there no way to really say because we never had him throw the ball over like 15 yards. I just hope that we have a better game plan against San Diego. I think its going to come down to our defense and our KICKER on if we can pull off a win there or not. Although we are famous for playing poorly on the west coast we are going to be coming off what 10-11 days rest for this game? Between this one and the Cardinals home game I think the Chargers is a game we probably have a better chance of winning. Now that ben is expected to be back for the chiefs game if we could just split the next two games and have Ben return to a 3-3 team I would really like our chances to make the playoffs and perhaps even take the division because I could still see us sweeping the Bengles and the Bengles losing a few games down the stretch.

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Ed B of the P-G adds another nugget on how Vick not being up to speed on the playbook and adjusting to defenses was a problem last Thursday night

With 1:51 left in regulation Thursday night, the Steelers had a third-and-five at Baltimore’s 24. The Ravens lined up just 10 players on defense. The Steelers called their second timeout, bailing out that defense.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm

[quote="Atlanta Dan"]Ed B of the P-G adds another nugget on how Vick not being up to speed on the playbook and adjusting to defenses was a problem last Thursday night

With 1:51 left in regulation Thursday night, the Steelers had a third-and-five at Baltimore’s 24. The Ravens lined up just 10 players on defense. The Steelers called their second timeout, bailing out that defense.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog
[/quote

Yeah that too. That time out befuddled me, it went on the assumption we would actually make a first down at some point. which we were incapable of doing for the final 30 minutes of the game

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Dave75th wrote:

You moderate a forum that automatically puts an asterisk after a team that has dominated the league for 15 years and you expect respect? Go fuck yourself.

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 1423141328519524930
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 12:53 am

Pittsburgh Steelers made the right move with Michael Vick

By Anthony Defeo on Oct 15, 2015

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Usa-today-8860779.0

With Ben Roethlisberger out of the lineup with an MCL sprain, the Steelers' offense certainly hasn't looked like the juggernaut that it should be. But backup Mike Vick, while not nearly the complete player that No. 7 is, has managed to do just enough as a starter during the past two weeks. The Steelers are just trying to survive until Roehlisberger returns, and Vick has certainly done his part.

They say the NFL is a quarterback-driven league, and you don't have to look any further than the Steelers offensive production since Ben Roethlisberger was injured in Week 3 at St. Louis to see why that's the case.

The sports car that was supposed to be Pittsburgh's 2015 offense has been sputtering the past few weeks, and why? Because the regular driver isn't behind the wheel. This is not a new phenomenon, by the way. While filling in for the injured Terry Bradshaw in 1976, backup quarterback Mike Kruczek had a total of zero touchdown passes in six games (and a 6-0 record, thanks to some of the best defense ever played in the history of the league).

In 2014, Pittsburgh's upcoming opponent, the Cardinals, watched their season go down the drain after Carson Palmer was lost with a knee injury and his backup was also soon injured. Once a 9-1 team with aspirations of playing the Super Bowl in their home stadium, Arizona was down to Ryan Lindley at quarterback and was just looking for a soft place to land once the postseason started, which they did following a 27-16 loss to the sub-.500 Panthers in the first round--Lindley contributed just 82 yards through the air in the game.

There's no way around it, a team just isn't going to be the same without its starting quarterback, and the higher the pedigree and production of said quarterback, the swifter the fall. Roethlisberger averaged 360 passing yards per game through his two full starts, before suffering the MCL sprain in the Week-3 victory over the Rams. In stepped Michael Vick, who has averaged just over 163 yards per game through the air as a starter.

The truest barometer of the importance of a top-shelf NFL passer may be the steep drop in production of all-world receiver Antonio Brown since Week 3. After setting a record for catching at least five passes for at least 50 yards in 35-straight games, Brown has a grand total of 87 yards the past two weeks with Vick as the starter.

But you know what? The Steelers made the right move by signing Vick in August following the injury suffered by Bruce Gradkowski in the third preseason game. Vick may not be an elite quarterback with a great passer rating and completion percentage, but he's also not a quarterback that has done a whole lot to make his team lose the two games he's started.

Any way you slice it, the Steelers should be 2-0 with Vick as the starter, and they would be if not for those missed field goals by Josh Scobee near the end of regulation in the game against Baltimore on October 1. Vick may have only passed for 124 and averaged a paltry 4.8 yards per attempt, but he took care of the football, made a nifty block that helped spring Le'Veon Bell for Pittsburgh's first touchdown in the first half and threw a laser to Darius Heyward-Bey for a 9-yard touchdown pass in the second half. No, Vick didn't carry the Steelers, but he managed them to what should have been a victory.

to read rest of article:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2015/10/15/9530461/pittsburgh-steelers-made-the-right-move-with-michael-vick
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 pm

I think he'll be fine if they let Vick be Vick. He'll never be Ben, so they have to let him do what he does. Scramble and throw deep. He's never been an accurate pocket passer, he's at his best when he can roll out and burn people for chunks of yardage at a time.

One thing I find impressive, is despite being on the wrong side of 30 the guy can still run and take hits
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Steelers OC Haley: Priority for Vick remains protecting football

By Mark Kaboly
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015

How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Jpeg

Tale of the tape

A comparison of the Steelers offense in games started by Ben Roethlisberger and Mike Vick:

Roethlisberger Vick

Record 2-1 1-1

Average passing yards 304 182.5

Average rushing yards 93.3 161

Average total yards 397.3 343.5

Third-down conversion percentage 51.3 25.9

Nothing changes.

That was offensive coordinator Todd Haley's message heading into Sunday's game against the NFC West-leading Arizona Cardinals at Heinz Field.

Not with what he expects out of fill-in quarterback Mike Vick.

Not with how he has been calling games with Vick under center.

And especially not trying to force the ball to receiver Antonio Brown.

The plan remains the same.

A day after Brown asked Vick to “trust him” and throw him the ball more, Haley didn't want to hear about a receiver requesting more passes thrown his way, especially after a win.

“Last week, did he get the ball enough?” Haley said of Brown. “Yep. We won, so that's all that's important right now.”

The Steelers' once-potent offense has sputtered since Ben Roethlisberger went down with a knee injury nine quarters ago and Vick took over:

• The offense fell from fifth to 13th in the NFL.

• The passing game dipped from third to 19th.

• In 32 drives, Vick has led the offense to more than two first downs only four times.

• Ten times they have gone three-and-out.

• The offense has scored only 40 points.

While the numbers aren't pretty, Vick is a 41- or a 49-yard Josh Scobee field goal against the Ravens from being 2-0 as a starter.

That's all Haley cares about.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9271120-74/vick-haley-ball#ixzz3omM2nzXn
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2015 8:43 pm

Protect the ball yes, but let him do what he's comfortable doing.

Until they ran the 72 yard play Vick seemed chained up and he's lucky the DBs had butter fingers or otherwise he gets a 2nd, REAL pick.

Play conservative but let Vick take deep shots and scramble if necessary. Don't laze back the first series just because it's the first series. Perhaps even elect to defer in the first quarter and trust your defense who is playing the better side of the ball. Gives Vick a chance to come back in the 3rd and either keep momentum or make a comeback.

I was critical of Vick all game long until the Bomb and even then I didn't feel too good. Then we drove the entire field in less than 2 minutes and won with a walk off TD. Those 2 series proved that I think we can win with Vick. But do what the situation/game calls for or we're in trouble without Ben.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 1505004552
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Vick is going his job just fine. You cant expect him to get in there and blow up the scoreboard, id he were that good someone else would have found him before we did. My point is he is keeping us in games and giving us a chance to win. You cant expect him to play like a starter, because hes not one.

It wouldnt surprise me if Ben comes back for next week, he participated in a limited practice thursday and even though that would be probably considering "rushing" him back. I saw if hes at even 50% hes better than vick.

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Landry is clearly stunting Vick's growth in this system.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:17 pm

i was very impressed with Landry. He looked good today

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm

Jones played with the confidence of a vet, which was surprising. He may have established himself as our #2 and possibly an opportunity to be a starter for another team
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How far can Vick take us.   How far can Vick take us. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

How far can Vick take us.
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next