Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:04 am

he will sign. there is no way his going to miss out on the money he gets if he signs

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:20 am

vasteeler wrote:
he will sign. there is no way his going to miss out on the money he gets if he signs
I'm probably naive, but I think a deal gets done before June 15. If it doesn't, I'd be surprised if he doesn't sign the tender.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 am

Sign it or don't.

Play the season or don't.

Either way, get the hell out of the way! You'r insistance on getting a huge paycheck is intefering with the development of our offense. So either get with the program, sign your tender, and play football or just get the hell out of the way of the rest of the men who want to play and win another SB.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 am

The Pittsburgh Steelers have no plans, at least for now, of reducing their one-year restricted tender to unsigned wide receiver Mike Wallace, Len Pasquarelli of the Sports Xchange reports.
Wallace hasn't signed by June 15 (which he almost certainly won't), but will not take the reduction option. The Steelers still want to work out a long-term contract with Wallace and don't want to create any more acrimony.

plus they have two more young WRs contracts coming up next year.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/26815/Steelers-don-t-plan-on-reducing-unsigned-Wallace-s-tender/Default.aspx

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Sign it or don't.

Play the season or don't.

Either way, get the hell out of the way! You'r insistance on getting a huge paycheck is intefering with the development of our offense. So either get with the program, sign your tender, and play football or just get the hell out of the way of the rest of the men who want to play and win another SB.

Bingo!! we have a winner ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 184121345

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Mike Wallace, Steelers reportedly in contract standstill   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Mike Wallace, Steelers reportedly in contract standstill
By Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League editor
Published: July 6, 2012 at 03:55 p.m. Updated: July 6, 2012 at 04:39 p.m.

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace's decision to stay away from practice during the OTA/minicamp season has yet to get him any closer to a long-term deal.

Len Pasquarelli of The Sports Xchange reports there's "no progress" and "very little negotiating" between the Steelers and the Pro Bowl wideout on a deal. Wallace remains unsigned after the Steelers offered the restricted free agent a one-year deal worth $2.7 million.

It's no surprise that the two sides haven't made much headway. All reports indicate Wallace and Steelers are far apart on how much he is worth. More importantly, it's the dead time of the NFL offseason.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a5ec65/article/mike-wallace-steelers-reportedly-in-contract-standstill?module=HP11_headline_stack

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This thread just won't die. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1505004552

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Truly shocking non-developments, as made obvious by the last paragraph. Slow news month in the NFL is slow.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Truly shocking non-developments, as made obvious by the last paragraph. Slow news month in the NFL is slow.

Articles like this make me wish the Steelers would announce that they signed Wallace a month ago and the reporters are full of shit ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
This thread just won't die. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1505004552
Not if you keep bumping it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Not if you keep bumping it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1664291743

Like you just did? ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1378315869

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:58 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Like you just did? ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1378315869

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:00 am

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 3964572787

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:23 am

Some snippets from a Florio story that support what I've been saying ...

Quote :
And if Wallace signs his one-year RFA tender before that in-season deadline, a multi-year deal can be done at any time thereafter.

Of course, not signing the one-year offer represents Wallace’s primary hammer for a long-term deal.

But once Wallace signs the one-year tender, his leverage for a multi-year contract disappears.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/07/no-progress-between-steelers-wallace/

I think his holdout isn't all about money. That's part of it, obviously. But I think he also wants a long-term deal to remain a Steeler. He knows that if he signs the tender, his days in Pittsburgh are numbered. And I don't blame him for not participating without a contract. What if he got hurt?

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:41 pm

The longer this drags out, the less I care if he's on the team or not. I feel we have competent WRs on this team and right now Wallace's only benefit is his speed, and well we have plenty of that on the field.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The longer this drags out, the less I care if he's on the team or not. I feel we have competent WRs on this team and right now Wallace's only benefit is his speed, and well we have plenty of that on the field.
I'd be surprised if it drags on past the first few weeks of camp. He wants to be a Steeler for a long time, and the Steelers want him to stay. Both sides are using whatever leverage they have like most players/teams do in contract negotiations ... it's just that Wallace doesn't have much leverage at all other than holding out. But in the end, I still believe a deal will get done.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-07-10/mike-wallace-pittsburgh-steelers-contract-dispute-holdout

The Pittsburgh Steelers and wide receiver Mike Wallace are no longer talking long-term contract. That impasse is unlikely to change before training camp, ESPN reports, making it more likely Wallace doesn't show up for the start of camp later this month.

Wallace has yet to sign his tender offer as a restricted free agent. That would pay the 25-year-old $2.7 million for the 2012 season, but he is seeking a long-term deal that will get him about five times that annually.

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace could be headed into his walk year. (AP Photo)

Even if Wallace doesn't play at all in the preseason, he can get all of the $2.7 million. The real deadline for Steelers locking up Wallace beyond this season is Week 10.

Wallace thrived with his speed in Bruce Arians' field-stretching passing game, but the challenge for the Steelers is getting the Wallace comfortable in Todd Haley's new offense. Although Haley's scheme is wideout friendly, it has its complexities that would take a full camp for Wallace to fully grasp it.

The Steelers don't want a young player as talented as Wallace to walk as an unrestricted free agent next year, but don't expect them to give in to everything Wallace wants to make that happen.

Just thought I'd add to the thread to ensure that it doesn't die.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:50 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Just thought I'd add to the thread to ensure that it doesn't die.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:00 pm

i don't think the FO thinks he's worth all the money he's asking for, If he was as good or talented as Megatron,Fitz or even that guy from the panthers (Smith i think) they would have already signed him by now IMO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:02 pm

I don't think he's worth 11 million, and i'm not sure why this is generally being accepted. Him holding out doesn't bother me NEARLY as much as the money he seems to think he's worth. Hines Ward held out until he got what he wanted at one point in his career, but he wasn't asking for 10 million dollars.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm

UGH! I'm starting to wish a team had just outbid our tender and given us the draft pick. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1505004552

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Quote :
Hines Ward held out until he got what he wanted at one point in his career, but he wasn't asking for 10 million dollars.

Yeah! And we all know that Hines was worth at least a gazillion times that amount! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 184121345

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
Hines Ward held out until he got what he wanted at one point in his career, but he wasn't asking for 10 million dollars.

Yeah! And we all know that Hines was worth at least a gazillion times that amount! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 184121345

I'm no cap guru, but i think that a "gazillion dollars" for Ward would have put a severe hit on our salary cap and forced us to field Cleveland Browns level starters. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

I'm no cap guru, but i think that a "gazillion dollars" for Ward would have put a severe hit on our salary cap and forced us to field Cleveland Browns level starters. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 1797695198

No. Not possible. The Steelers would rather forfeit the organization than field starters THAT bad.

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:09 pm

The market is what the market is. Wallace's market value is EASILY in the $9-10M range, if not higher, especially factoring in his youth and room to grow.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
The market is what the market is. Wallace's market value is EASILY in the $9-10M range, if not higher, especially factoring in his youth and room to grow.

He definitely has value, but he's no Fitz or Megatron and shouldn't be pulling that kind of cash. He still needs to prove a lot in terms of versatility, toughness, clutch play, and consistency. He can't pull his late-season and playoff disappearing acts and expect that a team will be willing to unload a dump truck full of money at his doorstep in a restricted free agency year. I want him to prove it.

Of course, if he DOES prove it, we probably won't be able to afford him anyway. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 2087824411

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next