Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

bayz101 wrote:
God damn! I was always under the impression that Ben's injury hurt Wallace's production, but it sure as hell seems Brown wasn't having any trouble!
Apples and oranges. Brown was running more short and intermediate routes. Wallace was stretching the field and opening space underneath. It's easier to complete an 8-yard-pass than a 20-yard-pass, especially if you have an injured foot and can't plant.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
He actually had 393 yards in the final 8 games, and there was a significant dropoff coinciding with Ben's injury. The whole "one trick pony" thing is really old hat at this points. Route running is not an issue...that criticism is just a joke.

While I agree that the "One Trick Pony" criticism is rubbish at best, I think it's worth noting that Brown excelled in the second half of the season, mainly because Ben couldn't hit Wallace on the deep route. Arians had Wallace going deep down the field FAR too much, and Ben couldn't hit him on one leg. I'm not so sure Wallace's drop off in production falls on Ben as much as it does coach Arians. Maybe if Arians had Wallace running more routes similar to Brown, Wallace is team MVP at the end of the season, and not Brown?

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
He actually had 393 yards in the final 8 games, and there was a significant dropoff coinciding with Ben's injury. The whole "one trick pony" thing is really old hat at this points. Route running is not an issue...that criticism is just a joke.

While I agree that the "One Trick Pony" criticism is rubbish at best, I think it's worth noting that Brown excelled in the second half of the season, mainly because Ben couldn't hit Wallace on the deep route. Arians had Wallace going deep down the field FAR too much, and Ben couldn't hit him on one leg. I'm not so sure Wallace's drop off in production falls on Ben as much as it does coach Arians.

I'll accept that. But everyone is just blaming Wallace. But whatever the case, he was getting open ... so it's not about route running or anything else. Ben just had trouble getting him the ball. Then after a while, Wallace's effort might have decreased a little out of frustration. But that's just a guess on my part.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
God damn! I was always under the impression that Ben's injury hurt Wallace's production, but it sure as hell seems Brown wasn't having any trouble!
Apples and oranges. Brown was running more short and intermediate routes. Wallace was stretching the field and opening space underneath. It's easier to complete an 8-yard-pass than a 20-yard-pass, especially if you have an injured foot and can't plant.

Than, as I said below, maybe less blame should go on Ben's injured foot, and more on Arians BONE HEADED play-calling.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Than, as I said below, maybe less blame should go on Ben's injured foot, and more on Arians BONE HEADED play-calling.
Yeah, I addressed that. We're playing post tag now. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

While I agree that the "One Trick Pony" criticism is rubbish at best, I think it's worth noting that Brown excelled in the second half of the season, mainly because Ben couldn't hit Wallace on the deep route. Arians had Wallace going deep down the field FAR too much, and Ben couldn't hit him on one leg. I'm not so sure Wallace's drop off in production falls on Ben as much as it does coach Arians.

I'll accept that. But everyone is just blaming Wallace. But whatever the case, he was getting open ... so it's not about route running or anything else. Ben just had trouble getting him the ball. Then after a while, Wallace's effort might have decreased a little out of frustration. But that's just a guess on my part.

That's about right on the mark, in my opinion. A lot of fans questioned his effort and attitude, including myself, because he looked like he just didn't give a shit. With a new offensive coordinator, I think a lot of this trouble will go away, which is why I wish Wallace would get his head out of his ass and show up for camp.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

Yeah, I addressed that. We're playing post whore now. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 1664291743

Fixed it for you. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 1797695198

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/wallaces-absence-strains-depth-647530/?p=0

Wallace's absence strains Steelers' depth

August 4, 2012 11:19 am

By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The continuing holdout of Mike Wallace goes beyond the Steelers missing one of the great deep threats in the NFL. It cuts into their depth at wide receiver, and, while that may not pose a problem at the moment with a 90-man roster, it soon could become one.

With Wallace, the Steelers would possess one of the best receiving foursomes in the league that includes team MVP Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery. That group is buttressed by tight end Heath Miller and whichever backs emerge as targets in the passing game.

They would seem to have good depth and versatility to go with Ben Roethlisberger, one of the best quarterbacks in the league. If Wallace continues his holdout, the depth at wide receiver, however, is reduced to three, and no one has emerged to help ease that shortage after a week of practice.

"I haven't seen any distinct separation at this point, but it's still early" coordinator Todd Haley said Friday.

It was around this time last year that Sanders had to have more surgery on a foot after having both fixed by surgeons early in the year. Sanders has said his feet are fine, but he did not practice Friday night, although coach Mike Tomlin held him out of practice the other day on artificial turf as to not court trouble. Losing Sanders, Cotchery or Brown would be certain trouble for the Steelers because there really is no one else to move in. At least, no one has shown they can yet.

"There's some ability," Haley said. "But, at that position, there is some pressure to try to get one of those guys kind of come to the surface. So we'll push them hard, and you'll see that position getting coached pretty vigilantly trying to get that to happen."

The only player with any kind of experience behind them is Derrick Williams, a 26-year-old out of Penn State who was not on an NFL roster last season. He caught nine passes in 18 games over the 2009 and '10 seasons with Detroit.

That's it. Everyone else is a first-year pro or a rookie. The only receiver drafted by the Steelers this year was Toney Clemons of Valley High School and Colorado; they took him in the seventh round.

Haley puts Clemons in the group with others as inconsistent through the first week of practice in pads.

"We tell them all, we don't want yo-yo players -- good one day, bad the next," Haley said. "We're looking for a guy who consistently comes to work and is the same guy. At the same time, special teams will help define that, too. Those guys have been put on notice, whether it's Arnaz Battle from years past, there's always one of those guys, that's how he makes it. That'll be a big determining factor, too.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/wallaces-absence-strains-depth-647530/#ixzz22cK4NlQx

Haven't seen anything posted today on the Wallace drama - so thought I'd post this.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Todd Haley: It’s “feasible” Mike Wallace can play Week One
Posted by Josh Alper on August 29, 2012, 12:07 PM EDT

Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace is confident that he will be ready to play against the Broncos on Sept. 9, but the call won’t ultimately be up to him.

It will be up to the Steelers coaches to make that call. Coach Mike Tomlin said he wasn’t prepared to discuss Wallace’s status because “he hasn’t done anything other than show up.” Offensive coordinator Todd Haley had a bit more to say about the possibility of Wallace finding his way into the lineup for the opener.

“You’re talking about a guy who’s a wide receiver, a pass-catcher,” Haley said, via Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “It’s not a running back or someone who has to be in the action of the game. I think it’s feasible he’s ready to go when we start this thing up.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/todd-haley-its-feasible-mike-wallace-can-play-week-one/

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just can't let it die! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 3798349058 ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Actually, now that Mike Wallace has signed his tender, I vote that this thread be closed and all "new" Wallace news be posted in it's own thread. The "drama" ended the minute he inked his tender. Thoughts?

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 pm

Can somebody please close this thread lol

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm

I agree. THREAD LOCKED DOWN like Ike Taylor on a WR.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:40 pm

Dirty bastards.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Locking it can't stop me from posting in it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 344726530

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 2707840500

Seriously though ... this thread has run its course.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:20 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Locking it can't stop me from posting in it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 344726530

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 2707840500

Seriously though ... this thread has run its course.

You're biased. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 131212936

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9