Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
The market is what the market is. Wallace's market value is EASILY in the $9-10M range, if not higher, especially factoring in his youth and room to grow.

If Wallace develops as a receiver and starts making the tough catches, he's worth that much a year. At his age, it's almost a given that he's going to improve, so locking him into that kind of a contract would make sense. The problem is his attitude. He gives up on plays, and he acts full of himself at times. Give him 10 million dollars annually, and that could swell his head up bigger than a ReMax balloon.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Lynn Swann thinks Wallace should count his blessings: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151072578507040

And I agree. Wallace tested the free agency waters, and no one entertained it. No one was willing to give a draft pick for him. Wallace is playing the "I've done better than Fitz, Moss and Rice in my first years" card, and not only is that statistically incorrect, it's absurd. Wallace should just sign the tender, and if wants to stay in Pittsburgh as much as he says he does, he'll be there next year for the big deal.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Quote :
And I agree. Wallace tested the free agency waters, and no one entertained it. No one was willing to give a draft pick for him. Wallace is playing the "I've done better than Fitz, Moss and Rice in my first years" card, and not only is that statistically incorrect, it's absurd

Yes. If Fitz was a free agent he would have had multiple teams knocking down his door. Wallace may very well end up being another Fitz. All I know is that Wallace isn't endearing himself to the multitudes at this point.

I hope he signs, personally. But as we know from history, the Steelers have a way of winning even with the loss of superstars.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:52 pm

I hope he doesn't sign the tender and gets a long-term deal done.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 2:56 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Lynn Swann thinks Wallace should count his blessings: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151072578507040

And I agree. Wallace tested the free agency waters, and no one entertained it. No one was willing to give a draft pick for him. Wallace is playing the "I've done better than Fitz, Moss and Rice in my first years" card, and not only is that statistically incorrect, it's absurd. Wallace should just sign the tender, and if wants to stay in Pittsburgh as much as he says he does, he'll be there next year for the big deal.

You're right that it's incorrect, but I disagree that it's absurd. Unlike Moss and Rice, Wallace didn't start his rookie season and saw limited action, so let's scrap the first season and take a look at their second and third seasons. Over those two seasons, Rice had 151 receptions; Wallace had 132. Rice had 2,648 yards; Wallace had 2,450. The only major category where Rice blew him away was in TDs ... 37 to 18. But that's padded by Rice's as-of-then NFL record of 22 TDs in his third year, a feat he never even came close to again. So although Rice had better numbers, Wallace's numbers are comparable. Therefore, I'd say that his statement was incorrect, but not absurd.

Gingerchip wrote:
All I know is that Wallace isn't endearing himself to the multitudes at this point.
Why? He hasn't said anything publicly. Even the Moss and Rice comparison was told second-hand by Ike Taylor. So we don't know in what context it was said or even if it's a completely accurate statement. The only thing to be upset with him about is the fact that he's holding out. But Hines also held out and was seeking a contract that would have made him one of the top-paid receivers in the league.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I hope he doesn't sign the tender and gets a long-term deal done.
Bingo.
I'm convinced that if he signs the tender, next season will be his last in Pittsburgh. There's no way the Steelers will lock up three receivers at one time. Wallace wants a long-term deal to remain a Steeler, and of course he wants a contract that he won't outplay. In order to achieve that, he's playing the only card he has ... holding out.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Quote :
Why? He hasn't said anything publicly. Even the Moss and Rice comparison was told second-hand by Ike Taylor. So we don't know in what context it was said or even if it's a completely accurate statement. The only thing to be upset with him about is the fact that he's holding out. But Hines also held out and was seeking a contract that would have made him one of the top-paid receivers in the league

I'm talking about fans. Why? On every story, FB page, or anywhere there is a Mike Wallace story, 95% of comments are anti-Wallace. I'm not saying it's right......I'm just saying.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

You're right that it's incorrect, but I disagree that it's absurd. Unlike Moss and Rice, Wallace didn't start his rookie season and saw limited action, so let's scrap the first season and take a look at their second and third seasons. Over those two seasons, Rice had 151 receptions; Wallace had 132. Rice had 2,648 yards; Wallace had 2,450. The only major category where Rice blew him away was in TDs ... 37 to 18. But that's padded by Rice's as-of-then NFL record of 22 TDs in his third year, a feat he never even came close to again. So although Rice had better numbers, Wallace's numbers are comparable. Therefore, I'd say that his statement was incorrect, but not absurd.

Gingerchip wrote:
All I know is that Wallace isn't endearing himself to the multitudes at this point.
Why? He hasn't said anything publicly. Even the Moss and Rice comparison was told second-hand by Ike Taylor. So we don't know in what context it was said or even if it's a completely accurate statement. The only thing to be upset with him about is the fact that he's holding out. But Hines also held out and was seeking a contract that would have made him one of the top-paid receivers in the league.

You're right, it's not absurd. Bad choice of wording, but it seems Wallace's eyes are focused on the paycheck. Can't say I blame him, but it really sucks that he's not out on the practice field learning a Playbook he REALLY desperately needs to learn to the fullest. If he really is the number one guy, he needs to know what the hell he's doing, and this holdout isn't helping. I hope something gets done quickly, and if it's a long-term deal, i'll be ecstatic.

The way I see it is: Every day that goes by makes me wish he'd just sign the tender and get to practicing. If he misses any training camp time, i'm sure I won't be the only pissed on individual, and that goes for most of the team as well. No one thought he was worth a draft pick in his restricted free-agency, and it seems the Steelers don't believe he's worth more than a 2 million dollar tender at this point, but only time will tell, I guess, even if time is running out.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :
Why? He hasn't said anything publicly. Even the Moss and Rice comparison was told second-hand by Ike Taylor. So we don't know in what context it was said or even if it's a completely accurate statement. The only thing to be upset with him about is the fact that he's holding out. But Hines also held out and was seeking a contract that would have made him one of the top-paid receivers in the league

I'm talking about fans. Why? On every story, FB page, or anywhere there is a Mike Wallace story, 95% of comments are anti-Wallace. I'm not saying it's right......I'm just saying.

Well, the fans, including myself, just want to see him out on the field. Hines Ward did this once, and I recall a lot of fans blowing their tops over that, but look where he's at now.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Quote :
Well, the fans, including myself, just want to see him out on the field. Hines Ward did this once, and I recall a lot of fans blowing their tops over that, but look where he's at now.

Agreed. I'm just attempting to answer Wally's question of "why"? It took a phone calls from Rooney and Cowher to let Hines know that they wanted him as a Steeler and that something would be worked out. Hines proceeded to show up at training camp without a contract. Hopefully, if a contract with Wallace isn't in place by training camp, the same scenario will be played out. A lot of fans thought Wallace's comments on "I'm going to make 1000 yards this season" were egocentric. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. Aim for the stars, I say. I also think Tomlin's comment that Wallace is a "one trick pony" didn't help Wallace either. Fans are questioning why a "one trick pony" should be paid Fitz money. FB posts such as Swann's are also adding fuel to the otherwise burning flames. Wally is correct........we haven't heard anything come from the horses mouth, so to speak. However, in the words of Tomlin..."where there is smoke, there is usually fire".

All of this is moot anyway. Either Wallace is going to be a Steeler or he isn't. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

Agreed. I'm just attempting to answer Wally's question of "why"? It took a phone calls from Rooney and Cowher to let Hines know that they wanted him as a Steeler and that something would be worked out. Hines proceeded to show up at training camp without a contract. Hopefully, if a contract with Wallace isn't in place by training camp, the same scenario will be played out. A lot of fans thought Wallace's comments on "I'm going to make 1000 yards this season" were egocentric. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. Aim for the stars, I say. I also think Tomlin's comment that Wallace is a "one trick pony" didn't help Wallace either. Fans are questioning why a "one trick pony" should be paid Fitz money. FB posts such as Swann's are also adding fuel to the otherwise burning flames. Wally is correct........we haven't heard anything come from the horses mouth, so to speak. However, in the words of Tomlin..."where there is smoke, there is usually fire".

All of this is moot anyway. Either Wallace is going to be a Steeler or he isn't. Hopefully this story will have a happy ending.

Did somebody say "happy ending"? ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 2185032793

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Quote :

I agree, but if I may, Wallace said he'd make 2,000 yards, breaking the all-time record.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Sorry, Ginger. I misunderstood what you were saying.

You're right that there's a lot of anti-Wallace sentiment out there, and I don't understand it. Unless I've missed something, he hasn't said one word about the contract situation. It's been Ike Taylor and a reporter in California stirring the controversy. I think Wallace has handled the situation rather professionally. He isn't pulling a T.O. or Ochostinko and running to the media to get "his side" out there.

And I think everyone is being a little hard on him in regard to his second-half production. He was targeted a lot less in the second half of the season as Ben started looking more for Brown. Another factor was Ben's injuries. In 2010, Ben's timing with Wallace was horrible. He was constantly underthrowing him, and more times than not, Wallace had to slow down and wait on the ball. But the first half of last season, the timing was there. Wallace was getting open, and Ben was hitting him in stride. But Ben's timing was noticeably off after his injury against Cleveland. Wallace was getting open, but Ben wasn't getting the ball to him. So the combination of Ben's injuries and him throwing more passes Brown's way took a toll on Wallace's second-half production.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:18 pm

From Twitter:

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 Wallace17_daKid_normalMike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

PatienceRT @gabilopezzz: @Wallace17_daKid if only it was your turn to sign your contract

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:21 am

Quote :
From Twitter:

Mike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

PatienceRT @gabilopezzz: @Wallace17_daKid if only it was your turn to sign your contract

Huh?? I don't get it. Probably because I am a twitter moron and never use it!

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:01 am

Somebody said to Wallace "if only it was your turn to sign your contract", and his response was "patience".
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:23 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
Somebody said to Wallace "if only it was your turn to sign your contract", and his response was "patience".

We all know what he's doing, i'm just hoping he's training at home, and preparing to learn a playbook when he comes in.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:55 am

bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

We all know what he's doing, i'm just hoping he's training at home, and preparing to learn a playbook when he comes in.
He has the playbook, and I guarantee that he's working out. He'll be ready when he comes in. I just hope it's sooner rather than later because there's no substitute for him and Ben getting their timing down.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 9:50 am

Wallace108 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

He has the playbook, and I guarantee that he's working out. He'll be ready when he comes in. I just hope it's sooner rather than later because there's no substitute for him and Ben getting their timing down.

The most important thing in it all is that he's on the same page as the guy throwing him the ball. Ike says that he's working out, and I know he's picked up the new playbook, but he needs to be developing chemistry with the new Coordinator, and getting on the same page as Ben. I hope this is all settled before the second week of camp.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:47 pm

this is what i'd like to see wallace do b/c once you're inside the 10 yard line i don't think it really matters how fast you are

and megatron is fast too

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Steelers Optimistic About Wallace Deal

John Clayton said the Steelers are optimistic a deal can get done before training camp.

Video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8166034

John Clayton:

Quote :
"People in the Steeler organization are confident they can get something done, that there'll be no holdout, and Wallace will be signed to a long-term deal."

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:06 pm

OMG WALLACE IS LYK MA FAVERITE!! SO LOYAL ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Well, that's eleven days. Mark it on the calendar, and cross your fingers. NO HOLDOUT.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 pm

sign the contract and bring home #7 ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 2287965686

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 8:43 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

I do believe Mike Wallace will show up for ‪#Steelers‬ training camp on July 25. Just an educated hunch.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next