Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 am

What happened when Holmes left? We moved on without him and I think we did OK. Wallace wasn't much of a factor for us last year and I don't expect his numbers to explode until he learns more tricks so to speak and I'm not sure he can.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 6:17 am

Wallace108 wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter suggested on NFL Live Thursday that no teams are going to make a move on restricted free agent Mike Wallace "unless circumstances change."
"Nobody's made a move," said Schefter. "Teams have debated it, but they're shying away from it right now." For cap reasons, former salary cap official and current CBS analyst Pat Kirwin believes teams will continue to shy away from Wallace until the NFL Draft draws near in April.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5329&line=229992&spln=1

The great disappearing act he pulled over the 2nd half of the season is biting him in the ass. And he had very poor performances in the post seasons. This is a "what have you done for me lately" business and he would have been in a better position had he started slow and finished strong (rather the reverse). He wants "all-that" money, but he hasn't been "all-that" when it mattered most.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:23 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter suggested on NFL Live Thursday that no teams are going to make a move on restricted free agent Mike Wallace "unless circumstances change."
"Nobody's made a move," said Schefter. "Teams have debated it, but they're shying away from it right now." For cap reasons, former salary cap official and current CBS analyst Pat Kirwin believes teams will continue to shy away from Wallace until the NFL Draft draws near in April.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=5329&line=229992&spln=1

The great disappearing act he pulled over the 2nd half of the season is biting him in the ass. And he had very poor performances in the post seasons. This is a "what have you done for me lately" business and he would have been in a better position had he started slow and finished strong (rather the reverse). He wants "all-that" money, but he hasn't been "all-that" when it mattered most.
I couldn't agree more. I think you nailed it, KR.
Oh, and would you please say something I disagree with? I think I've agreed with every single post you've made since you've been here. You're giving me nothing to argue with you about. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 131212936

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 pm

and giving up a first round pick, team might be gambling to see if he is an UFA next year thinking the Steelers can't lock him up long turm.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I think you nailed it, KR.
Oh, and would you please say something I disagree with? I think I've agreed with every single post you've made since you've been here. You're giving me nothing to argue with you about. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 131212936

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 1797695198

It's just a perfect example of great minds thinking alike ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 183388472
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Wallace goes -- AB stays for sure next year (more money to play with). Unless he proves otherwise, the only thing he has going for him is speed -- and for most people, that declines every year that they get older (course he could be a freak of nature).

The Steelers have a penchant for picking awesome WRs (Swann was 21st in the draft). And, of course, Hinesy. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 3096553220

I ain't worried! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:33 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Wallace goes -- AB stays for sure next year (more money to play with). Unless he proves otherwise, the only thing he has going for him is speed -- and for most people, that declines every year that they get older (course he could be a freak of nature).

The Steelers have a penchant for picking awesome WRs (Swann was 21st in the draft). And, of course, Hinesy. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 3096553220

I ain't worried! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 1401235891

You're right on point about Wallace ... he's still a one-trick-poney. But that one trick is pretty cool! I think the Steelers are playing the Wallace free agency perfectly. Unlike all the reports out there that suggest his price tag was going up because the other FA receivers in the league are getting big contracts, I believe he's getting cheaper. The Steelers have allowed him to gather offers from around the league. Since he hasn't received anything, that puts the Steelers in a better position to make a more modest offer (not like he's going anywhere). If for some reason he does get away, I would try to extend Brown now as it should be cheaper than waiting until he hit free agency and sign Cotchery. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 3135543967
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:10 am

kirklandrules wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

You're right on point about Wallace ... he's still a one-trick-poney. But that one trick is pretty cool! I think the Steelers are playing the Wallace free agency perfectly. Unlike all the reports out there that suggest his price tag was going up because the other FA receivers in the league are getting big contracts, I believe he's getting cheaper. The Steelers have allowed him to gather offers from around the league. Since he hasn't received anything, that puts the Steelers in a better position to make a more modest offer (not like he's going anywhere). If for some reason he does get away, I would try to extend Brown now as it should be cheaper than waiting until he hit free agency and sign Cotchery. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 3135543967

BINGO on all points! ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 469886443

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Dwindling Free Agent Market Could Speed Up Mike Wallace Negotiations   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:33 pm

By Cian Fahey

After the San Francisco 49ers took a flier on Randy Moss early on in free agency, and now the New England Patriots now signing Brandon Lloyd, the Pittsburgh Steelers are all but certain to retain Mike Wallace for the coming season at his lowest RFA salary.

Now the focus for the Steelers shifts from the immediate future to locking up Wallace for the long-term.

Read More: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/dwindling-free-agent-market-could-speed-up-mike-wallace-negotiations/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Clark Judge of CBSSports.com offers a different take ...
----------------------------------

Lack of offers for Wallace thus far doesn't mean they won't come later

By Clark Judge | CBSSports.com

There were nine wide receivers who signed before the third day of free agency, and none was named Mike Wallace. But the Steelers star is a restricted free agent, which means anyone who covets him must first sign him to an offer sheet, then wait for a response from Pittsburgh.

Only nobody has. The question is: Why?

"I was wondering the same thing," said former coach Brian Billick, now an analyst with Fox and the NFL Network. "I thought he'd be part of the first wave of wide receivers. I mean, if you're going to do it, do it. Why wait?"

I'll tell you why: Time.

Teams have until April 20 to extend offer sheets to restricted free agents, and nobody is in a rush. Nor should they be. If you make a substantial offer to Wallace, you can wait up to a week before knowing if he's yours.

In the meantime, you put your money and your plans at wide receiver on hold while waiting on Pittsburgh, and nobody has been willing to do that.

"If you tie up that money," said one general manager, "your back is against the wall. Typically, you don't make a move on something like this until April -- and then you might wait until the last minute."

Read More: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17842010/wallace-will-get-paid-but-maybe-not-by-steelers-and-not-in-hurry

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Mike Wallace still a possibility for the 49ers

Posted by Michael David Smith

With most of the teams that wanted a wide receiver already signing one in free agency, it’s beginning to look more likely that the Steelers will be able to hold onto restricted free agent Mike Wallace. But don’t rule out the 49ers making a run at him.

Peter King writes in his Monday Morning Quarterback column at SI.com that the 49ers may consider making an offer for Wallace, especially if they end up losing out on Peyton Manning and failing to re-sign Alex Smith, in which case they’d be saving money at quarterback — and desperate to help their passing game at another position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/mike-wallace-still-a-possibility-for-the-49ers/

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

I can already see Wallace dumping Gatotade on Harbaugh after a regular season victory

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 am

JonM229 wrote:
I can already see Wallace dumping Gatotade on Harbaugh after a regular season victory
This is probably just an evil plot by John Harbaugh to weaken the Steelers.

John: Hey, bro, we beat the Steelers twice last season, but we know we can't do it again. We thought about taking Wallace away from them, but we don't have the money. Why don't you guys sign him and help us out?

Jim: Dammit, John. We already beat the Steelers for you last season and handed you the division title. What more do you want?

John: Got any Gatorade? We used all of ours up during the regular season.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:48 pm

Signing Peyton Manning makes Mike Wallace a possibility in Denver

Now that the Broncos have won the Peyton Manning sweepstakes, they’re the newest entrants in the Mike Wallace sweepstakes.

With the dust settling in Denver after Manning told the Broncos today that he’ll be their quarterback, the next step in the Broncos’ offseason plan of action (in addition to trading Tim Tebow) will be assembling a roster of players that fits Manning’s strengths. And although bringing in Manning’s buddies like Jeff Saturday, Brandon Stokley, Dallas Clark or Joseph Addai might be nice, what would really help the offense is the addition of a big-play wide receiver.

Wallace, a restricted free agent, may just be that receiver.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/signing-peyton-manning-makes-mike-wallace-a-possibility-in-denver/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Ward thinks Wallace should stay in Pittsburgh
Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT

The Steelers didn’t want to pay Hines Ward $4 million to play for the team in 2012. Heck, they didn’t even want to pay him the minimum salary of $925,000 with a $540,000 cap hit.

But they may want to find a way to put Ward on the payroll, because a man of his influence could save the team plenty of money over the long haul.

For example, he’s already working on persuading Mike Wallace to stay with the Steelers.

“I am always going to be his biggest fan, but it is a very special place to play here and I have been blessed to have played all 14 years here, so I just told Mike to keep it in that perspective,” Ward said Tuesday, according to Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

“I hope he stays and continues the rich tradition of wideouts here,” Ward added. ”He is an explosive guy, and the sky is the limit for Mike.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/ward-thinks-wallace-should-stay-in-pittsburgh/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 am

Some comments from Ben regarding Wallace during a radio interview ....
----------------------------------------------------------

Roethlisberger was asked about restricted free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace and if he has been nervous about the possibility that he could leave now that free agency has started. Roethlisberger replied, "Nervous is not the word. I'm scared to death. I communicate with Mike, I wake up every day and I'm like, Mike, please don't go anywhere. I'm begging you. I'm going to beg right now over the radio. Don't go anywhere Mike. ..."

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/03/ben-roethlisberger-begs-mike-wallace-to-stay-with-steelers/
------------------------------------------

Ben went on to say that he doesn't think Wallace is going anywhere, but he's going to beg him to stay anyway.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:27 am

Ben doesn't want his deep threat helping other teams.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 am

Report: Mike Wallace told 49ers he wants more than Larry Fitzgerald

Mike Wallace is the best free agent available right now, but it appears that he’s going to need to lower his asking price significantly if he wants to do anything other than play for the Steelers on the one-year restricted free agent tender this season.

That’s the word out of San Francisco, where the 49ers had interest in signing Wallace until they found out how much money he wanted. Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee reports that Wallace wants a contract that surpasses the eight-year, $120 million deal that Larry Fitzgerald signed with the Cardinals.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/report-mike-wallace-told-49ers-he-wants-more-than-larry-fitzgerald/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just reading the first paragraph, I already had my comment in mind. But then I saw the writer thought the same thing:

Quote :
Wallace may end up deciding that unless some team offers him a monster contract, he’s better off staying in Pittsburgh on the one-year, $2.74 million restricted free agent tender and then becoming an unrestricted free agent next year

Yeah, I think that's exactly the case. He'll be happy to play in Pittsburgh one more year. But if someone wants to give him an astronomical amount of money, then sure, he'll take it. But I don't see that happening. Unless something changes, it's looking like we'll be seeing Wallace in Black and Gold for at least one more season.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:50 am

Wallace isn't even in the same category as Fitz, yet if at all. Disappearing in the second half of the season doesn't help his case any either.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Wallace isn't even in the same category as Fitz, yet if at all. Disappearing in the second half of the season doesn't help his case any either.
I agree, Mach. Hell, not only is he not as good as Fitz, I don't think he's as good as Antonio Brown. That's why I don't think he has any intention of leaving this year and his money demand is just a ploy. It's like me saying I'd cheat on my wife as long as I'm doing it with Mila Kunis. We both know that won't be happening anytime soon.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 12:45 pm

It sounds to me that Wallace is basically saying "If I'm leaving the 'Burgh it's going to be for big money". Nothing wrong with that. Right now this might sound like a little bit of a long shot, but I've seen where players in this position in the past have come back and signed a long term contract for good money, but within reason (by Steelers FO measures).
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
It sounds to me that Wallace is basically saying "If I'm leaving the 'Burgh it's going to be for big money". Nothing wrong with that. Right now this might sound like a little bit of a long shot, but I've seen where players in this position in the past have come back and signed a long term contract for good money, but within reason (by Steelers FO measures).
I'm still waiting for you to say something I disagree with, KR. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 1735582540

You have an uncanny ability to continuously say things I agree with, and it's really starting to become quite annoying. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Wallace "reportedly" wants 120 million   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:55 pm

Quote :
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/22/2893152/nfl-free-agency-steelers-mike-wallace-san-francisco-49ers-larry-fitzgerald-contract

I have read this a couple of places on the net......not confirmed of course. I am going to try and get my hands on the Sac Bee (where this rumor came from) to see the story.

As the article points out, there are two reasons that this is a possibility. 1) He really wants that type of money 2) THis is a way to stay with the Steelers.

IF (big if) this is what he really wants, I say "don't let the door hit you in the ass". The Steelers don't need a bling, fur-wearing type player. This isn't the Steeler Way.

Hopefully, this isn't true. I don't have a great feeling about his guy anyway, but I hope this isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Wally posted an article in another thread about Wallace wanting serious cash from the 49ers to leave. It comes across as Wallace possibly wanting to remain a Steeler unless he gets some outrageous offer he can't refuse.

You can read it here.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t2125p30-the-official-mike-wallace-drama-thread

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Yeah, I read it....thanks.

I just don't know. Maybe I have him pegged completely wrong, but there is something about him, imo, that has Diva WR written all over his forehead.

Either way, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it (like I did with Hines ;) I've always thought AB the better of the two, and as long as we keep him, I'm ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next