Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Mike Wallace reportedly generates lots of trade interest   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Mike Wallace reportedly generates lots of trade interest
NFL.com
Published: April 12, 2012 at 02:15 p.m. Updated: April 12, 2012 at 04:43 p.m.

Mike Wallace doesn't plan on attending the Pittsburgh Steelers' offseason training activities in protest of his first-round tender, but the wide receiver reportedly has generated a wealth of trade interest.

Several teams would like to acquire the three-year veteran, a league source told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

A league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Wallace isn't satisfied with the tender and he cannot report without a signed deal.

In March, La Canfora reported that Pittsburgh had tendered an offer to Wallace, who's a restricted free agent. General manager Kevin Colbert said the team would do its best to retain Wallace, but it could find itself in a difficult spot if another team swoops in and offers the receiver a big deal.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82842a0c/article/mike-wallace-reportedly-generates-lots-of-trade-interest?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Mike Wallace trade rumors don't make sense
By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor
Published: April 12, 2012 at 03:18 p.m. Updated: April 12, 2012 at 04:39 p.m.

Two weeks ago, we asked why no teams were interested in signing Mike Wallace as a restricted free agent. That fact hasn't changed, so it looks like Wallace's agent is trying to manufacture some interest in his client.

First a report emerged on Wednesday that Wallace wouldn't report to Steelers practice under his current tender. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review followed that up Thursday that "several teams" were interested in trading for the Steelers wideout.

Of course, those teams are only interested in trading for Wallace for less than a first-round pick. Otherwise, they would just try to sign him as a restricted free agent. It's no surprise teams are interested in Wallace at a bargain basement price. One problem: Why would the Steelers possibly be interested in making that deal?

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes:

"What the Steelers have to decide is whether having Wallace for this year is worth losing a possible third or fourth-round draft choice another team is willing to part with in a trade."

This makes no sense. The Steelers should get a third-round compensatory pick if Wallace left in free agency anyhow. So why trade him for that price when you can get a very valuable year out of him first? Kaboly also believes that there's no chance the team would place the franchise tag on Wallace, but there's no way to know that so far in advance.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82842dde/article/mike-wallace-trade-rumors-dont-make-sense

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
If Wallace were as great as he seems to think he is right now and on an elite level, several teams would have shown more than just a cursory interest in his services and someone like the Patriots******, Niners, Ravens, or Bengals would have definitely given up their low 1st round draft pick for a top-rate, elite level WR that had fully proven himself.
That's the thing ... I can understand a team not wanting to lose a top-10 pick. But all the teams that were interested in him had late first-round picks, almost the same as a high second-round pick. If a team needed a receiver, I think most of them would give up pick 28-32 for Calvin Johnson, Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson in a heartbeat. The fact that none of those teams wanted to do it for Wallace should tell him all he needs to know. He's NOT on that level. The smartest thing he could do is sign the tender and work hard to have a monster year next season. If he does, he'll get his money, and hopefully help the Steelers win No. 7 on his way out.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:02 pm

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/is_mike_wallace_dumber_than_we_thought/10548391

Quote :
Is Mike Wallace dumber than we thought?

This whole Mike Wallace contract thing is getting a little bit ridiculous now. A month ago when Wallace came out and said he wanted Larry Fitzgerald money, I was convinced it was because he was trying to cut off teams that might be interested by giving them insane demands – he’s not worth Fitz cash yet so if there was a team dumb enough to offer it to him, why wouldn’t he take it. Then, last week, Antonio Brown was more confident than the old Ben Roethlisberger at Ladies’ Night when he said Wallace would be with the Steelers this season. Now, teams are apparently interested in trading for Wallace.

So far, all that Wallace had said about this whole thing is that he wants to remain a Steeler…that and the whole $120-milllion deal he’s “seeking.” All the information that’s out now has been vommed by Wallace’s agent – that’s nothing new. No teams or beat writers from other cities have been tlaking about trading for Wallace so it’s probably just Wallace’s agent blowing smoke up the Steelers’ butt hole. For anyone that thinks Wallace is to blame for this charade probably also thinks Art Rooney II should just cut him a check for $120 mil to put an end to all of this.

Wallace isn’t dumb…actually, he’s a genius. He did the Steelers a favor by putting that insane price tag on his forehead because they control what happens next, and he couldn’t be playing this situation any cooler with the way he’s just letting everyone else do the talking while he’s just living the life.
Wallace doesn’t want to sign his $2.7-mil tender – can you blame him? He may not be worth $15 mil a year but he’s definitely earned more than $3 mil. If that means he wants to sit out OTA’s and training camp while the two sides try to agree on something, that’s cool – he wouldn’t be the first Steelers receiver to sit out for a contract (if Hines was allowed to, why not his successor?) And if Wallace’s camp doesn’t want to agree on anything and he decides to sit out an entire year, that’s cool too - we’ll be right back in this same situation next year because Wallace will still be a RFA if he sits out.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Can't remember where I read it, but some writer said "If Hines Ward was entitled to hold out, so is his replacement, Wallace".

By the time Hines held out, he had more than proven his worth. In addition, all it took were some words from Dan Rooney and Hines was in camp without a contract. I am beginning to think that Wallace is an ass.

Frankly, Wallace is getting on my last nerve. I am way more concerned about AB coming back after next year than I am Wallace. Unless proven otherwise (and I hope I am wrong), the ONLY thing he has going for him is speed. I will climb out on a limb and say that I don't think he will ever evolve into a versatile player. JMHO, though.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 1:25 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Can't remember where I read it, but some writer said "If Hines Ward was entitled to hold out, so is his replacement, Wallace".

By the time Hines held out, he had more than proven his worth. In addition, all it took were some words from Dan Rooney and Hines was in camp without a contract. I am beginning to think that Wallace is an ass.

Frankly, Wallace is getting on my last nerve. I am way more concerned about AB coming back after next year than I am Wallace. Unless proven otherwise (and I hope I am wrong), the ONLY thing he has going for him is speed. I will climb out on a limb and say that I don't think he will ever evolve into a versatile player. JMHO, though.
I certainly understand where you're coming from, but I wonder how much of what's happening can be attributed to Wallace and how much can be attributed to his agent. I haven't heard Wallace say much of anything. I could be wrong, but I think the threat of holding out is just a tactic by the agent to try to make the Steelers blink. If it is, it's stupid because the Steelers are in complete control.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:40 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

I certainly understand where you're coming from, but I wonder how much of what's happening can be attributed to Wallace and how much can be attributed to his agent. I haven't heard Wallace say much of anything. I could be wrong, but I think the threat of holding out is just a tactic by the agent to try to make the Steelers blink. If it is, it's stupid because the Steelers are in complete control.

But even his agent has to know the Steelers right now hold the power. So why use a tactic that won't work. It's like using a garden hose on a 4-alarm blaze in a downtown high rise apartment. Makes no sense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 3056903510

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 9:00 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

But even his agent has to know the Steelers right now hold the power. So why use a tactic that won't work. It's like using a garden hose on a 4-alarm blaze in a downtown high rise apartment. Makes no sense.
Perhaps he should be looking for a new agent instead of a new team. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 3798349058 Seriously though, I can't remember too many times lately when the Steelers have held all the cards against a player like they do with Wallace. They're in a win-win situation. If he signs, we get our speedy receiver back. If he leaves in the next couple of days, we get a first-round pick. The worst-case scenario is that he sits out. But he can't gain anything by sitting out. His agent has to understand that they can't afford to give him big money long-term, especially with Brown being a free agent after next season. There's no way they're going to lock up a ton of money in two receivers. Wallace's best move is to sign the tender and bust his ass to have a monster year ... then he'll get his big payday with another team next year.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 am

It's not only that, but if he doesn't play a certain allotment of games, he'd still be under contract for next season too. And if Brown out performs him while he's sitting out, don't think Brown would secure a higher salary based on that performance.

At this point I'd rather someone sign him so we can get a draf tpick.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:52 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
At this point I'd rather someone sign him so we can get a draft pick.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 1187288299

I'm already sick of the Wallace drama. He's acting like a big-headed prick and is being a selfish baby.

I'm also sick of the MIKE Wallace shit too. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 106674522

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:41 am

Hey Buddha, ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 227071714

With no free-agent offers, Wallace destined to remain a Steeler

By Mike Bires Times Sports Staff

After weeks of speculation that Mike Wallace might take his skills as a blazing wide receiver elsewhere, it looks like he isn’t going anywhere.

Today is the deadline for NFL teams to sign restricted free agents from other teams, and Wallace has yet to receive an offer. There’s no reason to believe he will.

So it looks like Wallace, whose speed makes him one of the league’s most feared deep threats, will have to sign the one-year tender the Steelers offered him on March 12. By signing that tender, he’ll be paid $2.742 million for the 2012 season.

In the unlikely event he would refuse to sign that tender by a June 15 deadline, the Steelers would keep the rights to Wallace and could pay him 110 percent of his salary last year.

In 2011 when Wallace led the Steelers in receptions (72), receiving yards (1,193) and touchdown catches (eight), he earned $525,000 in base salary.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/with-no-free-agent-offers-wallace-destined-to-remain-a/article_0562788d-ee42-5caf-a454-7eb0e0315da6.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------

If Wallace's plan was to demand an unreasonable amount of money to scare off other teams so he could remain a Steeler, then his plan worked to perfection. If he honestly thought he was worth what he was asking and other teams would give it to him, he just got a rude awakening.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 8:45 am

Deadline passes and no teams try to sign Steelers WR Mike Wallace

The 4 p.m. deadline has come and gone and Mike Wallace is still a member of the Steelers. In the six weeks or so since free agency began, there was a general feeling that one of the wide receiver-needy teams picking near the bottom of the first round might make a play for Wallace. The thinking: the cost of acquiring one of the league's best young players -- a low first-rounder -- was well worth it.

Except that it never happened. Partly because the likely parties -- the Ravens, 49ers, Bears, Broncos and Patriots* -- added depth at the position during free agency, but also because acquiring Wallace wasn't just at the expense of a first-round pick. There would also have to be a long-term, front-loaded contract (front-loaded to keep the Steelers, at the time in salary-cap purgatory, from matching the offer).

So now what? Assuming Wallace doesn't balk at signing his tender (and there's no reason to think he'll stage a lengthy holdout), he'll make $2.7 million in 2012, although general manager Kevin Colbert said in February that the plan is to sign Wallace to a long-term deal.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/18713716/deadline-passes-and-no-teams-try-to-sign-steelers-wr-mike-wallace
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I guess I don't have to worry about changing my username and sig now. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 1797695198

The next date we have to pay attention to is June 15. He has until then to sign the $2.7 million tender offer. If he doesn't, then he'll make only $577,500 next season. The other possibility is that they agree on a long-term deal. So essentially, there are four options:

1. Sign the tender.
2. Agree to a long term deal.
3. Don't sign any new deal and play for only $577,500.
4. Hold out.

We can scratch option 3 off the list. That won't happen. Option 4 is very unlikely. He might hold out of OTAs, but he's not going to sit out the season and risk the big contract he'll likely get next season.

So that means by June 15, Wallace will either sign the tender or agree to a long-term deal.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Well, I guess I don't have to worry about changing my username and sig now. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 1797695198

...until this time NEXT year. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 2981382511

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:07 am

the way I look at it now the Steelers could use Wallace in this coming draft like Wallace and the Steelers 3rd round pick for San Deigo's 18th 1st round pick. just a thought

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 2:02 pm

Report: Mike Wallace says he won’t sign “until he has to”

Posted by Mike Florio

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, the highest-profile restricted free agent without a contract, reportedly doesn’t plan to do so any time soon.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Wallace has told some within the organization that he doesn’t plan to accept the one-year, $2.7 million tender offer “until he has to.”

As Schefter points out, the CBA allows the Steelers on June 15 to withdraw the tender and replace it with an offer equal to 110 percent of his 2011 base salary, which for Wallace would equate to $577,000.

Still, he could hold out even longer, skipping training camp and the preseason and up to 10 weeks of the regular season. At that point, he could sign the tender, receive the prorated base salary under the $577,000 tender (i.e., $237,000), and then become an unrestricted free agent (subject to the franchise or transition tag) in 2013.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/22/report-mike-wallace-says-he-wont-sign-until-he-has-to/
--------------------------------------------------------------

I know Wallace will take crap for this, but I think I see what's going on here ... he wants a long-term deal with the Steelers, which he won't get once he signs the tender. If he's holding off on signing the tender for that reason, I'm OK with that. Just as long as he doesn't hold out during camp. We've got a new offense, and he needs to be there.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:21 am

Mike Wallace still has no plans to sign tender

Posted by Evan Silva on May 15

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported before the draft that Steelers receiver Mike Wallace wouldn’t sign his one-year restricted free agent tender “until he has to.”

While the Steelers have hoped to sign Wallace to a long-term deal, there has been no progress on that front. Schefter reiterated on NFL Live Tuesday that it “may be awhile” before the Steelers see Wallace at club headquarters, and Wallace won’t sign the tender “until he absolutely has to.”

The time for teams to poach restricted free agents has passed, but the Steelers now have to worry about Wallace missing OTA and minicamp action as they install a revised offense under new coordinator Todd Haley.

The Steelers have several upcoming offseason activities, and it doesn’t sound like Wallace is likely to attend any of them.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/15/mike-wallace-still-has-no-plans-to-sign-tender/

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:56 am

This is a huge mistake on his behalf. He's got a one year deal, if he signs his tender, in which he can go out and prove himself worthy of a bigger contract (either with the Steelers or someone else).

If he sits out and doesn't learn the offense then he's only hurting his chances of making big money. And personally if this is his mentality - keep your arse out of the Steelers locker room, we don't need the cancer.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:45 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
This is a huge mistake on his behalf. He's got a one year deal, if he signs his tender, in which he can go out and prove himself worthy of a bigger contract (either with the Steelers or someone else).

If he sits out and doesn't learn the offense then he's only hurting his chances of making big money. And personally if this is his mentality - keep your arse out of the Steelers locker room, we don't need the cancer.
I agree that there's no benefit for Wallace to hold out. The Steelers hold all the cards. But I wouldn't call him a cancer. Remember, he really hasn't said too much. It's other people talking for him. And I don't think we should be too hard on him at this point in the game. Let's not forget 2005:

Notes: Steelers' Ward holds out

LATROBE, Pa. —Hines Ward became the Pittsburgh Steelers' first major holdout in 12 years Sunday, keeping his promise not to report to training camp without a contract extension that would make him one of the NFL's top-paid wide receivers.

Once Ward missed the 6 p.m. ET reporting deadline, Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said negotiations were over until Ward shows up — something the four-time Pro Bowl receiver has insisted that he won't do without a new deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-07-31-notebook_x.htm

---------------------------------------

I'd say that story ended rather well.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:09 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I agree that there's no benefit for Wallace to hold out. The Steelers hold all the cards. But I wouldn't call him a cancer. Remember, he really hasn't said too much. It's other people talking for him. And I don't think we should be too hard on him at this point in the game. Let's not forget 2005:

Notes: Steelers' Ward holds out

LATROBE, Pa. —Hines Ward became the Pittsburgh Steelers' first major holdout in 12 years Sunday, keeping his promise not to report to training camp without a contract extension that would make him one of the NFL's top-paid wide receivers.

Once Ward missed the 6 p.m. ET reporting deadline, Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert said negotiations were over until Ward shows up — something the four-time Pro Bowl receiver has insisted that he won't do without a new deal.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2005-07-31-notebook_x.htm

---------------------------------------

I'd say that story ended rather well.

I didn't mean that he was a cancer now, but if he does hold out then the locker room doesn't need the cancer that is typically involved in this type of holdout. And at that point he can stay out, I know there are plenty of WRs who would be dying for a chance to play on the Steelers.

As for Ward's holdout, I believe Ward had earned the right to his money. He made a lot of sacrifices on the field, and was/is considered to be the personafication of Steelers Football. Wallace hasn't earned that spot yet - and the shoes to get there are big, VERY BIG!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Wallace missing from Steelers' OTAs
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 2:32 pm | Updated: 2:37 pm, Tue May 22, 2012.
By Mike Bires

Today when the Steelers went through the first of 10 organized team activities, they did so without Mike Wallace.

Because the all-star wide receiver isn’t under contract, he cannot practice.

Wallace, who led the Steelers in receptions, receiving yards and touchdown catches last season, has a restricted free agent tender of $2.7 million for 2012 on the table. But he’s hoping that he and the Steelers can soon work out a more lucrative long-term deal.

“This is a business, and it’s an element of the business,” coach Mike Tomlin said when asked about Wallace. “Mike came in and we visited last week. We had good communications. This process is going to run its course. We know what type of young man he is. He’s a hard-working, diligent young man. It’ll be over. There will be a little bit of short-term misery, but it won’t be significant in the big scheme of things, hopefully.”

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/wallace-missing-from-steelers-otas/article_7305e5d8-a43c-11e1-84cf-001a4bcf6878.html

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 6:19 pm

i will be so glad when we can shit can this thread

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 8:01 am

Wallace signed, details are a 6 year 78 million, just yankin' your chain ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 5:14 am

Harris: Injury risk clouds Wallace’s status
By John Harris
Tribune-Review

Former Steelers tackle Marvel Smith wants a mulligan. So does New York Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks.

No way Smith, knowing what he does now, would play 12 games with a herniated disc as he did in 2007.

And no way Nicks, who starred in Super Bowl XLVI, believes that attending voluntary workouts is worth being sidelined a minimum of 12 weeks after he recently suffered a broken bone in his foot running a route during individual drills.

If restricted free-agent receiver Mike Wallace is paying attention, no way he shows up at the Steelers’ facility until he signs his free-agent tender for 2012 or signs a new long-term contract.

What if Wallace injures himself like Nicks did during voluntary workouts? Will the Steelers still sign him to a new deal? Will they insist he rehabilitate his injury first?

I interviewed Smith for an article about NFL back injuries that appeared in Sunday’s Tribune-Review. Most telling for me was how Smith, once the ultimate team player, now tells players to put their own needs ahead of the team’s.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1912992-85/wallace-steelers-voluntary-workouts-contract-nicks-smith-players-team-free?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I completely understand the stance that you wouldn't want to risk injury without a contract in voluntary workouts. If they were hurt, the team would be very leery of handing out a large, long-term contract to damaged goods until they were certain the injury was fully healed. On the other hand, Wallace could have just signed his tender by now and been there WITH a decent contract.

It's obvious that the Steelers, with their current cap situation and possible reservations about Wallace's lack of late-season and playoff production, are not sure they want to invest as much money in him as he feels he's worth right now. If so, sign your tender, prove them wrong, and either the Steelers or another team WILL give you that contract you seek.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Yeah but Wally, when Ward held out he had been with the team for 7 years and had played special teams (or as Hines says, "did the dirty work") He worked very hard to that point of hold out and had proven his worth. I think the problem (and if you read comments on Mike Wallace's FB page from fans), is that Wallace hasn't really proven anything to date. THIS is why some fans are upset (at least from what I've been reading). The impression Wallace has left with some fans is that he is a cocky selfish player. You and I both know that this doesn't work for Steeler fans (maybe Cowboy fans, but not Steeler fans). Comparing the two hold-outs is like comparing apples and oranges. If I remember correctly, fans were upset with the Rooney's for not paying Hines, and it appears that a lot of fans are upset with Wallace, not the organization

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Steelers can put the screws to Mike Wallace in eight days   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 4:58 am

Steelers can put the screws to Mike Wallace in eight days
Posted by Mike Florio on June 7, 2012, 2:28 AM EDT

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace, who reportedly won’t sign his $2.7 million restricted free agency tender until he has to, likely will have to in the next week or so.

If he doesn’t by June 15, the Steelers can replace his current offer with a tender in the amount of 110 percent of Wallace’s base salary in 2011. And since he received a base salary of $525,000 as a third-year pro in 2011, the Steelers will be able to retain his rights for all of 2012 for a mere $577,500.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/07/steelers-can-put-the-screws-to-mike-wallace-in-eight-days/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next