Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 am

Still think with so many spread offenses in college football today I wouldn't over pay for Wallace because WRs coming out of college their becoming a dime a dozen.

Now if you have a WR 6'5" 225lbs with 4.4 forty speed I'd show him the money.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:23 am

effyou515 wrote:

Still think with so many spread offenses in college football today I wouldn't over pay for Wallace because WRs coming out of college their becoming a dime a dozen.

Wasn't that.....dare I say it....

Limas?

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 611739232

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

stlrtruck wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Wasn't that.....dare I say it....

Limas?

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 611739232

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1691199312

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Steelers QB Batch Expects Mike Wallace In Latrobe
July 20, 2012 2:41 PM

Charlie Batch, Mike Wallace, NFL, Pittsburgh Steelers, Vinnie & Cook
PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) – Pittsburgh Steelers QB Charlie Batch drops by for an in-studio visit with Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan’s Vinnie & Cook.

(Read More and Listen To Audio:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/steelers-qb-batch-expects-mike-wallace-in-latrobe/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 2:03 am

This probably means absolutely nothing ... just throwing it out there to see what I can stir up. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1797695198

Wallace tweeted this three hours ago:

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 Wallace17_daKid_normalMike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

Word to my mama we livin!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 8:59 am

Wallace108 wrote:
This probably means absolutely nothing ... just throwing it out there to see what I can stir up. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1797695198

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 Wallace17_daKid_normalMike Wallace ‏@Wallace17_daKid

What the fuck did he say? I fucking hate tweeter ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:30 am

fer69 wrote:
What the fuck did he say? I fucking hate tweeter ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 2913999526

"Word to my mama we livin!"

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 12:39 pm

fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

what he is saying is I'm fucking with you people right now ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1378315869
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 5:40 pm

effyou515 wrote:
fer69 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

what he is saying is I'm fucking with you people right now ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1378315869

now you're talking my lenguage ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 9:43 pm

New Deal with Mike Wallace Can Be Both Cap Friendly And Lucrative

By Dave Bryan

After the release of Jonathan Scott on Thursday, the Pittsburgh Steelers are approximately $6 million under the salary cap. Keep in mind that figure also includes the $2.74 restricted tender that wide receiver Mike Wallace is currently wearing as well. If you pull that tender amount out, the team has approximately $8.74 million in cap space to work with to accommodate a new deal. Now of course David DeCastro figures to eat up another $1 plus million of that cap space when his deal is completed and the Steelers will certainly want to have about $2 million at their discretion in case injuries strike, so that puts them back around $5.74 million available in cap space for a year one hit of a Wallace deal.

I have also mentioned previously that it is in my belief that the three $500,000 veteran credits the Steelers have at their disposal have not yet been applied. In 2011 they had three $1 million veteran credits at their disposal, and they used them on James Farrior, Hines Ward and Casey Hampton. There is no reason to think that they will not use those credits, which are borrowed from future years, in 2012. Should that indeed be the case, that puts the Steelers back at roughly $7.25 million in available space to work with for Wallace.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/07/new-deal-with-mike-wallace-can-be-both-cap-friendly-and-lucrative/
------------------------------------------

I trust Dave Bryan's analysis. This deal is getting done.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 am

Now that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin has signed, is WR Mike Wallace on deck?

By Chuck Finder | CBSSports.com

The Steelers have attended to their usual pre-training camp contractual chores. They signed first-round G David DeCastro Monday (first-rounders are no guarantee in this town; fellow Stanford Cardinal Mark Appel, a first-round pitcher, turned down the Pirates a week earlier). They announced Tuesday, in a routine move for the Steelers the past two decades, the contract extension of a head coach with two years remaining on his deal, Mike Tomlin.
That left the wily WR Wallace, who missed June camp having opted not to sign the $2.742 million tender.

Wallace could well be announced Wednesday at camp's start as the latest, and last, signee of the 2012 team. Such camp-opening contract pronouncements are also relatively routine moves for this club.
Wallace's representatives and Steelers officials have spent months working toward a long-term contract. Social media was aquiver Tuesday afternoon -- did a Pittsburgh television station and/or Steelers-beat blogger report a 5-year, $42 million deal for Wallace? The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review tweeted that no contract was in place.

Wallace's signature, at some point, seems a formality -- much like the new, three-year extension for Tomlin, extending the 55-25 coach through 2016.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/19648602/now-that-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-has-signed-is-wr-mike-wallace-on-deck

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:08 pm

First this from Kaboly:

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Looks like mike Wallace isn't going to show. According to Emmanuel Sanders he is expecting him to show in "3 or 4" days.

And then a few minutes later, this:

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Am hearing rumblings of a deal getting close with Wallace.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 3056903510

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:52 pm

I can't wait till we are able to lock this thread.... ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 2913999526

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:53 pm

The Steelers will stop negotiations on a long-term deal until Wallace signs his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender and reports to training camp, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

This is really the team's only resort to get Wallace to training camp. The Steelers can't fine him because he hasn't signed his tender and officially isn't under contract.

As the Post-Gazette points out, this is a tactic that the Steelers have used before. Pittsburgh halted contract talks with wide receiver Hines Ward in 2005 when he missed the first two weeks of camp.

Steelers president Art Rooney II declined comment on the situation Wednesday, and coach Mike Tomlin said he hasn't spoken to Wallace in about two weeks.

There's still reason to believe the sides will work out a deal before the regular season begins. It just seems now that Wallace will have to show up to get it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...medium=twitter

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:01 am

bayz101 wrote:
The Steelers will stop negotiations on a long-term deal until Wallace signs his $2.7 million restricted free-agent tender and reports to training camp, a team source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

This is really the team's only resort to get Wallace to training camp. The Steelers can't fine him because he hasn't signed his tender and officially isn't under contract.

As the Post-Gazette points out, this is a tactic that the Steelers have used before. Pittsburgh halted contract talks with wide receiver Hines Ward in 2005 when he missed the first two weeks of camp.

Steelers president Art Rooney II declined comment on the situation Wednesday, and coach Mike Tomlin said he hasn't spoken to Wallace in about two weeks.

There's still reason to believe the sides will work out a deal before the regular season begins. It just seems now that Wallace will have to show up to get it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...medium=twitter

If possible...just trade his ass. This is getting ridiculous. We already have his replacement already, Antonio Brown. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Wallace here long term...but if he's not willing to do his part of the signing then there is no hope.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 am

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
If possible...just trade his ass. This is getting ridiculous. We already have his replacement already, Antonio Brown. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Wallace here long term...but if he's not willing to do his part of the signing then there is no hope.

If we trade him, you don't understand what that would do to me .... I'll need a new name, a new signature pic. I'm much too lazy for the effort that would be required. It's in my best interest to keep him. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1797695198

Although Brown108 does have a certain ring to it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 3135543967

In all seriousness, even if they wanted to trade him, they'd still have to sign him first. Teams can't trade a player who isn't under contract.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am

Woodley seems to think Training Camp is important:

LaMarr Woodley

Training camp is where championships are won

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 am

Wallace just needs to stop being greedy, sign his tender, report to camp, and then a deal will get done. The Steelers are not gonna blink first. They didn't do it with Ward and they aren't gonna do it with him. Also from the sound of things, Tomlin sounds very impatient and one has to wonder if he's thinking about moving Sanders to the starting lineup the longer Wallace holds out.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/BigARashad
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:10 am

bayz101 wrote:

LaMarr Woodley

I thought the Super Bowl is where championships are won.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am

JonM229 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

LaMarr Woodley

unless its the rats. they can win 2 championships in 1 regular season

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:20 am

One point I wanna make ... Wallace said from Day 1 that he wouldn't sign the tender until he has to. Well, Mikey, guess what ... now you have to.

bigarashad wrote:
Wallace just needs to stop being greedy, sign his tender, report to camp, and then a deal will get done. The Steelers are not gonna blink first. They didn't do it with Ward and they aren't gonna do it with him. Also from the sound of things, Tomlin sounds very impatient and one has to wonder if he's thinking about moving Sanders to the starting lineup the longer Wallace holds out.
I agree with everything you said except the "greedy" part. We don't know what he's asking for, and we don't know what the Steelers have offered. (The reports about him wanting Fitzgerald money came from a Sacramento reporter and were never substantiated). My guess (and that's all it is) is that he's looking for something slightly higher than the $8 million to $10 million range. That's what the market is right now for a receiver like Wallace. When it's all said and done, he'll probably sign a deal for something in that range.

But you're right ... the Steelers aren't going to blink first. Wallace now needs to sign the tender and get to camp. That's his only chance of continuing to negotiate on a long-term deal. You're also right about Tomlin ... he's usually not this upfront about something. He wasn't even trying to hide his displeasure.

JonM229 wrote:
Correct. And the Super Bowl is also where you're supposed to get Gatorade baths. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 1:33 pm

I was going to let this thread die, but I didn't want to post the following in it's own thread. Sort of a small part of an article that's otherwise not Wallace related.

Quote :
THE MARKET FOR MIKE WALLACE. "I would be very curious to see what the market would be for Mike Wallace. As you pointed out once Antonio Brown broke out Wallace only had 300 receiving yards in eight games. Wallace is a true talent and and I really love seeing him fly by defensive backs. But he is a one-trick pony, the fly or the drag. Those are the only consistent routes the guy runs. I am a long time Steelers fan but I would love for the Steelers to trade him and get some additional picks or players. I just don't think he is Larry Fitzgerald good. Trade him for a 1st and 2nd round pick.''
-- From Jeremy, of Moncton, New Brunswick

Doubt they could get a first-round pick for him. I fear Wallace has overplayed his hand. This season in the NFL, paying a wide receiver $10 million a year on average -- in addition to the draft-choice compensation it would cost -- is not something many teams would consider. With the cap relatively flat this year and next, this is the way teams think: Why pay a very good receiver $10 million a year, plus surrender a top prospect plus the cost certainty of what the top prospect would earn over the next four years? I don't think the Steelers will trade Wallace, and if they were inclined to consider it, the market would be poor.

Read more of original article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/07/31/49ers-training-camp/index.html#ixzz22Dr5fUqN

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:12 pm

300 yards in the last 8 games wow!!!!! That's 37.5 yd per game
While Brown had 677 yards (84.5 yd per game) yeah it's official Wallace is a one trick pony ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 1797695198

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:50 pm

He actually had 393 yards in the final 8 games, and there was a significant dropoff coinciding with Ben's injury. The whole "one trick pony" thing is really old hat at this points. Route running is not an issue...that criticism is just a joke.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 pm

God damn! I was always under the impression that Ben's injury hurt Wallace's production, but it sure as hell seems Brown wasn't having any trouble!

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next