Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **

Go down 
+16
Drizztbob
TRH
steelax04
Mach1
Bays
JonM229
Gingerchip
kirklandrules
stlrtruck
Lady Steel
effyou515
solardave
Buddha Bus
vasteeler
Wallace108
fer69
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Yeah, I read it....thanks.

I just don't know. Maybe I have him pegged completely wrong, but there is something about him, imo, that has Diva WR written all over his forehead.

Either way, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it (like I did with Hines ;) I've always thought AB the better of the two, and as long as we keep him, I'm ok.

I agree. Brown is better and more important.

The jury's still out with me in regards to Wallace and his attitude. I'm reserving judgement until I see how he handles this contract negotiation/free agency. That will show his true colors.... green or black and gold.

I'm also going to merge this thread into the other Wallace thread.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
The jury's still out with me in regards to Wallace and his attitude.
My attitude sucks, so just get over it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
The jury's still out with me in regards to Wallace and his attitude.
My attitude sucks, so just get over it. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 1797695198

I figured that out long ago. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 3798349058

Back to top Go down
steelax04
Xtreme Newb
steelax04

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:37 am

At this point, to me, it's one of two things... His ego wants $120 million, or as another poster said, he's not leaving the Steelers unless it's for an outrageous amount.

My heart hopes it's the latter, but my head says Wallace thinks he deserves Fitz money.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:58 am

steelax04 wrote:
At this point, to me, it's one of two things... His ego wants $120 million, or as another poster said, he's not leaving the Steelers unless it's for an outrageous amount.

My heart hopes it's the latter, but my head says Wallace thinks he deserves Fitz money.
If you're head is right, that certainly justifies the Young Money name.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Rooney: Steelers still eyeing long-term deal with Wallace

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

The Steelers want to sign wide receiver Mike Wallace to a long-term contract, though team president Art Rooney II said today that he doesn't know when a deal might get done.

"The sooner the better as far as we're concerned but there's two parties to it," Rooney told the Tribune-Review. "We'll have to see what we agree on so I don't want to put any particular time frame on it or restrictions on it because these things take time and I wouldn't want to box myself in on it."

Read more: Rooney: Steelers still eyeing long-term deal with Wallace - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_787984.html#ixzz1pxWwkzUF

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I'm still waiting for you to say something I disagree with, KR. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 1735582540

You have an uncanny ability to continuously say things I agree with, and it's really starting to become quite annoying. ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 3798349058

It's just my Jedi Mind Trick

You're not worried that Mike Wallace will sign elsewhere ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 2090196361
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:34 pm

When is the deadline for a deal?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 am

Gingerchip wrote:
When is the deadline for a deal?
The signing period for restricted free agents ends April 20. After that time, the Steelers will have the exclusive right to sign him. After April 20, Wallace will have three options with the Steelers ... accept the tendered offer and become an unrestricted free agent after next season, agree to a long-term deal, or sit out.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 pm

[quote]Wallace will have three options with the Steelers ... accept the tendered offer and become an unrestricted free agent after next season, agree to a long-term deal, or sit out[quote]

Curious -- if you had to bet on your gut feeling, which scenario do you think will happen?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:57 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Curious -- if you had to bet on your gut feeling, which scenario do you think will happen?
My gut says he'll play one more season and then become an unrestricted free agent next year.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:44 am

Wallace108 wrote:
My gut says he'll play one more season and then become an unrestricted free agent next year.

This does seem to be the more likely scenario. If Wallace does become an UFA next year, there's a very good chance the Steelers won't resign him. Unless Brown has a significant injury or somehow takes a step backward in his progression, I'd think he would be the top priority for deals next year.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Gingerchip wrote:

This is the scenario I see playing out. He'll bide his time by accepting the Steelers tendered offer this season and then cash in big next year when he's unrestricted. He's bound to make more money from a team who will loosen the purse strings a little more knowing they won't be giving up a first round draft pick in the process. I think Wallace is a goner next year regardless. Brown is much more valuable in my opinion and will be next year's target unless it seems his head has swollen and he wants even more than Wallace. That's the only way I see Wallace being re-signed over Brown next year.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:14 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/why-is-mike-wallace-still-unsigned/

Quote :

Mike Florio takes calls and tweet from PFT Planet, where NFL fans want to know why Mike Wallace has not been signed yet

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 8:50 pm

Antonio Brown: “No doubt” Mike Wallace will remain in Pittsburgh
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 30, 2012, 7:33 PM EDT

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace remains an unsigned restricted free agent, but Wallace’s partner in the Pittsburgh receiving corps, Antonio Brown, says he’s not worried about Wallace getting away.

Brown said on NFL Network’s Total Access that he expects Wallace to sign with the Steelers, either the one-year tender offer or a long-term deal, and that the two of them will remain teammates.

“I definitely expect it,” Brown said. “I definitely look forward to him providing me help from the other side, rolling coverages — he’s a great teammate of mine.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/30/antonio-brown-no-doubt-mike-wallace-will-remain-in-pittsburgh/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wish I could be as confident as Brown, but I'm starting to feel like he's right. There's been no real chatter about Wallace other than speculation and the report of asking for insane money from the 49ers to leave. I think Wallace wants to give it one more go with the Steelers to see if he can win his ring before he rolls out for the big cash next year as an UFA.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:59 pm

He's not going anywhere this year, he's likely waiting out until next year. He's probably asking for so much money so that other teams don't make offers.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Interest in Mike Wallace appears to have dried up   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:52 am

Interest in Mike Wallace appears to have dried up
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT

A month ago, it looked like a good bet that the Steelers would lose restricted free agent receiver Mike Wallace. But with two weeks to go before the April 20 deadline for a team to sign a restricted free agent to an offer sheet, it’s appearing increasingly likely that Wallace will stay in Pittsburgh.

Adam Schefter noted on ESPN today that before free agency started, the 49ers and Patriots* were the two teams seen as most likely to go after Wallace. However, the 49ers have added Mario Manningham and Randy Moss, the Patriots* have added Brandon Lloyd, Donte Stallworth and Anthony Gonzalez, and both teams now appear set to stick with the receivers they have.

It’s still possible that some team we’re not aware of is planning to swoop in and sign Wallace to an offer sheet at the last minute, but if so that team is doing a great job of keeping it quiet. There are no reports of any teams planning to do so.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/interest-in-mike-wallace-appears-to-have-dried-up/

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Interest in Mike Wallace appears to have dried up
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 6, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT

A month ago, it looked like a good bet that the Steelers would lose restricted free agent receiver Mike Wallace. But with two weeks to go before the April 20 deadline for a team to sign a restricted free agent to an offer sheet, it’s appearing increasingly likely that Wallace will stay in Pittsburgh.

Adam Schefter noted on ESPN today that before free agency started, the 49ers and Patriots** were the two teams seen as most likely to go after Wallace. However, the 49ers have added Mario Manningham and Randy Moss, the Patriots** have added Brandon Lloyd, Donte Stallworth and Anthony Gonzalez, and both teams now appear set to stick with the receivers they have.

It’s still possible that some team we’re not aware of is planning to swoop in and sign Wallace to an offer sheet at the last minute, but if so that team is doing a great job of keeping it quiet. There are no reports of any teams planning to do so.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/06/interest-in-mike-wallace-appears-to-have-dried-up/
I'm still a little nervous about the Bengals making a play for him.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

This was mentioned in another thread, but just to keep all the Wallace stuff in one place ...

Report: Steelers’ Mike Wallace Has No Interest In Franchise Tender, Wants Bigger Deal

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace was slapped with the franchise tag last month, so he’s not going anywhere — but according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, he has no interest in signing his tender.

If Wallace signed, he’d be agreeing to remain a Steeler for one year and $2.7 million; understandably, he’d much rather work out a long-term deal to earn far, far more than that. The Detroit Lions recently signed Calvin Johnson for seven years and $132 million, and the Arizona Cardinals inked Larry Fitzgerald last year for eight years and $120 million. Wallace thinks he’s in that elite class, and he might be right.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/12/report-steelers-mike-wallace-has-no-interest-in-franchise-tender-wants-bigger-deal/?xid=si_nfl
-------------------------------------------

Really? ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 294855916

Quote :
Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace was slapped with the franchise tag last month

Really? ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 294855916

Quote :
Wallace thinks he’s in that elite class, and he might be right.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:53 pm

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 Da-fuq

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 pm

By not signing his tender, Wallace is stating he won't play without a long-term deal, or, essentially, he intends to hold out until he gets an extended deal to his liking.

It could also be simply a veiled threat (incidentally, leaked to one of the most followed sports writers in the media) to force the Steelers to continue pressing on in negotiations.

It's perhaps not a coincidence news of Wallace's alleged desire to hold out came at approximately the same time the Steelers announced a two-year deal for free agent WR Jerricho Cotchery.

Speculation rules supreme this time of year, but the fact is the Steelers will want to avoid a holdout situation, but are not likely to be bullied by a player with Wallace's level of tenure with the team.

Keep in mind, and this isn't being reported, the Dolphins traded then-restricted free agent Wes Welker to the Patriots* for a second round pick, and a seventh round pick, in 2007. It's not as if the Steelers couldn't trade Wallace and his contract demands for a suitable bounty, and leave the future contract negotiations to another team.

If the allegation is true (and the idea of Wallace wanting a Larry Fitzgerald-sized contract to leave Pittsburgh still hangs in the air, essentially unconfirmed), consider the gloves off between the organization and its biggest big-play receiver.

Hell trade Wallace for a second and third round draft picks.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/4/11/2942127/2012-nfl-free-agency-mike-wallace-hold-out-not-signing-contract-steelers#storyjump

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
TRH
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

Holding out will be a giant mistake. Blame the agent for this one.

Wallace wants paid? Paid big, big dollars? Then the best avenue for him to do this is to 1)sign the offer, 2)be a team guy/team player, 3)play to the absolute best of your ability this year and play hard (don't semi-loaf like last year) and make 80, 90 or more catches, gain 1500 yards, 4)and do your best to remain injury-free.

Then you'll get paid by someone. Alot. Sitting out won't help his case. The giant head he has gained will make some teams turn their heads away (unless he rights his ship), although some teams such as the Jets, Eagles, Lions, etc won't care and will throw a big offer anyway next year.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 am

TRH wrote:

Wallace wants paid? Paid big, big dollars? Then the best avenue for him to do this is to 1)sign the offer, 2)be a team guy/team player, 3)play to the absolute best of your ability this year and play hard (don't semi-loaf like last year) and make 80, 90 or more catches, gain 1500 yards, 4)and do your best to remain injury-free.

Then you'll get paid by someone. Alot. Sitting out won't help his case. The giant head he has gained will make some teams turn their heads away (unless he rights his ship), although some teams such as the Jets, Eagles, Lions, etc won't care and will throw a big offer anyway next year.
Yeah, I agree. I said in the other thread that there's nothing for Wallace to gain by holding out. The Steelers are in complete control in this situation.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Holding out???

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/4/11/2942127/2012-nfl-free-agency-mike-wallace-hold-out-not-signing-contract-steelers

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:09 pm

TRH wrote:

Good post. He's making a big mistake if he holds out. If he's not on the field, he can't prove his naysayers wrong about his disappearing act in the second half and playoffs last season. He also can't prove he's maturing and progressing as a receiver in this league and able to be more versatile, another stigma that's following him right now.

If Wallace were as great as he seems to think he is right now and on an elite level, several teams would have shown more than just a cursory interest in his services and someone like the Patriots**, Niners, Ravens, or Bengals would have definitely given up their low 1st round draft pick for a top-rate, elite level WR that had fully proven himself. The fact that no team really did says where he stands around the league in other team's eyes as far as his worth right now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **   ** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread ** - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

** The Official Mike Wallace Drama Thread **
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next